March 18, 2021 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Mar 16, 2021
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Meeting on, Thursday, March 18, 2021 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour, Texas 76380 for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from Mayor Hrncirik (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to sign in and fill out a Public Speaking Form. Upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are
considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The
exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or
more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate
discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a)Approve February 18, 2021 and February 24, 2021, meeting minutes.
(1) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
(2) Administrative & Supervisor Reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting will close, and Public Hearings will begin
Public Hearing #1
2. The City of Seymour will hold a Second and Final Public Hearing regarding re-zone request from Ryan Dwyer, for a Specific Use Permit at 610 N. Browning Street, Lot 1-3, Block 14, McLain Addition.
Public Hearing #2
3. The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing regarding an Application for a Specific Use Permit from Jake Willden, Ette Properties, concerning Lot 3-4, 3 S and D Subdivision of Seymour comprised of 0.636 acres, located at 1100 N. Foley Street in Seymour Texas.
Public hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
4. Discuss, consider, and take action to accept or deny Ryan Dwyer request, for a Specific Use Permit at 610 N. Browning Street, Lot 1-3, Block 14, McLain Addition.
5. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding bid(s) received for 410 N. Tackitt, also known as Lot 1, Block 28, McLain Addition, from the following:
Judy Patterson $1,600.00
David Nellis $1,876.00
6. Re-discuss the Harris Land Lease and Royce Stallcup agreement.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding City Bills paid during the month of February 2021 in the amount of $378,315.48.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action to advertise for a mowing bid for the following City of Seymour properties: (1 bid for all properties listed)
*Seymour Memorial City Park, which includes adjoining hill East of the park grounds to the boundary of the Hospital property.
*Along the Walking Trail and including the area surrounding the Portwood Art & Civic Center.
*The grounds surrounding the former Seymour Independent School District Auditorium to the property line of said location.
*Sound Garden located directly north and adjacent to City Hall .
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Sessions will begin
9. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 551.072, regarding Section 551.071, consultation with Attorney, and Schneider Engineering Representative, Steve Moffitt, Pending Litigation and consultation with Steve Moffitt regarding ERCOT Ancillary charges.
Executive Session closes and Executive two begins
10. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Section 551.073-Prospective Gift, City of Seymour property-described as a 2010 Crown Victoria.
Executive Sessions close and Regular meeting resumes
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session one, consultation with attorney and representative from Schneider Engineering, Steve Moffitt, pending litigation.
12. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session two, City of Seymour property described as 2010 Crown Victoria vehicle.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of
the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a
true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official
posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas a place of convenience and readily accessible to the
general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, March
12, 2021 at least 72 hours preceding meeting time .
Suzanne, Shumate, Acting City Secretary