March 19, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Mar 17, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Session on, Thursday, March 19, 2015 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
CALL TO ORDER/ ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS: ( At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are
generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may
request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate
discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
- Approve corrected meeting minutes from January 14, 2015 and Regular meeting minutes for February 19, 2015. (b) Accept Reports: Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total END OF CONSENT AGENDA2. Discuss and hear monthly supervisor reports from the following departments: PERDUE, BRANDON, FIELDER, COLLINS and MOTTS, L., L., P., for the collection of delinquent listed in this agenda.I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council ofposting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas a place of Monday, March 16, 2015 at 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time. Conchita Torrez, City Secretary , T.R.M.C.
- convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this
- the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official
- Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items
- 10. Adjournment
- 9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding a contract between the City of Seymour and
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action on variance requested by Dalton Hembree to place trailer house at 305 W. 11TH Street, Lot 4, Block 4, S & D Addition.
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action to add City Administrator and City Secretary to the signatory card for the City of Seymour.
- 6. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1397, amending the Fiscal year 2014-2015, operating budget due to unforeseen increases to the City Attorney’s budgeted line items.
- 5. Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in February, 2015, from Snyder Construction and Steel Sales.
- 4. Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in February, 2015, from Albert Todd Hrncirik.
- 3. Discuss, and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in February, 2015, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik and Snyder Construction and Steel Sales.
- Administration, Electric, R.O., Water/Sewer, EDD, Street, Park/SFREC, Emergency Management and Police Department.