MArch 21, 2019 – City Council Meeting Minutes
May 21, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR MEETING MINUTES
MARCH 21, 2019
A Regular City Council Meeting was held on Thursday, March 21, 2019, at 7:00 P.M. Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik called the meeting to order, along with roll call and the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:05 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik, Lan Winn, Paula K. Vaden, Mary K. Fair and Monty Glass.
Counsel: City Attorney Jonathan Whitsitt was absent
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Finance Director Mary Griffin.
Guest (s): Blake Laughlin, John Hostas, EMC, Regan Hollar
Announcements from Mayor Pro=Tem: No announcements at this time
Citizen questions or comments: Emergency Management Coordinator John Hostas approached the podium and addressed Mayor Pro-Tem Hrncirik and City Council.
Regarding the Mitigation Planning: Baylor County will be the first to have the mitigation draft sent to us and will be reviewed by both the county and the city. After that point it will be sent to the state for approval and then to FEMA for further approval.
Storm Shelters: Since we are getting close to having an approved mitigation plan, it’s time to start thinking about storm shelters for our residents. At some point in the near future, we will need to begin making a list of residents that would like to take advantage of the storm shelter rebate program. I have given notices to post once we are given the green light.
Homeland Security Grant: The grant for a generator at the annex has been approved. The money will be available in October of 2019. At this time, the EOC will be moved to the county annex.
Outdoor Sirens: There is some misinformation over the criteria of activating the outdoor warning system. I will release PSA’s on different platforms about the outdoor sirens and will conduct a test on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one
motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent
Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
- Approve February, 21, 2019, Regular meeting minutes
(b) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
(c) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
(d) Administrative and Supervisor Reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Motion made by Council member Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to
accept the consent agenda as presented by City Secretary. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action to add an Addendum to the Entity Authorization Form
from First Bank & Trust, and authorize Mary Griffin, Finance Director and Suzanne Shumate,
Accounts Payable/ Payroll Specialist, to conduct banking duties as required.
Motion made by Council member Mary K. Fair, second by Council member Lan Winn, to add an
Addendum to the Authorization Form from First Bank & Trust, and add Mary Griffin, Finance
Director and Suzanne Shumate, Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist, and to conduct banking
duties as required. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss monthly Seymour Water Well Report
City Administrator Steve Biedermann stated that the wells continue to do great and doesn’t see
a need to change the water restrictions. No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid during the month of February, 2019.
Motion made by Council member Monty Glass, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden, to approve the bills paid during the month of February, 2019. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action approving Resolution No. 1478, amending 2018-2019 Budget No. 1470, to allow for a one time budget adjustment to cover SFREC Pool expenses.
Motion made by Council member Paula K. Vaden, second by Council member Monty Glass, to approve Resolution No. 1478. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and give City Administrator direction regarding 2019 Professional Services and Fees received from Eide Bailly in the amount of $25,000.00
No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2019-04, an ordinance of the City of Seymour, designating the month of April as Fair Housing Month.
Motion made by Council member Paula K. Vaden, second by Council member Monty Glass, to approve Ordinance No. 2019-04, Fair Housing month. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, re-consider and take possible action regarding Council decision to purchase City of Seymour, City Pool tunnel slide.
After discussing their options, Council member Paula K. Vaden made a motion to go with the slide that had been voted on at the February, 2019, Regular City Council Meeting, wait to hear back from Monty Glass’s insurance on travel liability. If approved city would purchase the slide and schedule a pickup time. If the insurance would not approve then the slide would be purchased, pay shipping and handling and set up a Special Called Meeting to discuss the assembling of the slide. Motion was seconded by Council member Lan Winn. Motion passed by 3 Ayes and 1 Nay by Council member Mary K. Fair. The ayes won by majority of votes.
- Discuss, consider and take action to re-appoint the following members to the Planning and Zoning Board: Place 1- Jeannie Allbritton, Place 3- Bill Culver and Place 5- Glenn Vickers for a two year term.
Motion made by Council member Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn to re-appoint Jeannie Allbritton, Bill Culver and Glenn Vickers to the Planning and Zoning Board. Motion passed unanimously.
- Adjournment by Council member Monty Glass, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden, to close meeting at 8:05 p.m. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 18TH DAY OF APRIL, 2019.
Senior Council Member Monty Glass
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.