March 22, 2018 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Mar 19, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Session on, Thursday, March 22, 2018 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor
Proclamation: Fair Housing Month
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one
motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent
Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
- Approve February, 15, 2018, Regular meeting minutes and February 22, 2018, Special Call meeting minutes.
(b) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
(c ) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
(d) Administrative and Supervisor Reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1458, a resolution presented by Atmos Manager Shaun Martin, to approve and adopt a Rate Schedule RRM and Rate Review Mechanism.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing to begin
- A City of Seymour holding a Public Hearing regarding Resolution No. 1457. This resolution allows the Seymour Police Department to pursue vehicles through a USDA Grant.
Public Hearing Closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss monthly Seymour Water Well report from RO Supervisor Jason Bench.
- Discuss and take action regarding resolution authorizing donation of real property, described as 409 W. Idaho Street, also known as the Louis Johnson Memorial Auditorium, legal description, Morris Addition, Block 20, Lots 1-12. SISD will transfer property to City of Seymour.
- Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid in February, 2018.
- Discuss, and accept the Certification of Unopposed Candidates for the City of Seymour General Election, scheduled for May 5, 2018, for Council Place 1- Les Hons, Council Place 3-Jon Hrncirik and Council Place 5- Monty Glass.
- Discuss, and approve the Order of Cancellation for the City of Seymour General Election for May 5, 2018.
- Discuss, and approve Resolution No. 1459, a resolution canceling the City of Seymour General Election, scheduled for May 5, 2018.
- Discuss and take action regarding Planning & Zoning Board, by appointing Brian Broome and Mark McCord as Commission Members, for a two year term.
- Discuss and give EDD Lauren Bush, direction regarding window banners for the Whiteside Center for Performing Arts at 301 N. Washington Street.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of
the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official
posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas a place of
convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this
Monday, March 19, 2018 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.