March 22, 2018 – City Council Meeting Minutes
Apr 23, 2018
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
OF THE CITY OF SEYMOUR
MARCH 22, 2018
A Regular City Council Meeting was held on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Meeting was called to order by MPT Jon Hrncirik, along with roll call and Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00 p.m.
Council present: MPT Jon Hrncirik, Les Hons, Paula K. Vaden, Mary K. Fair and Monty Glass.
Council absent: Mayor Josh Sosolik
Counsel present: CitY Attorney Jonathan Whitsitt was not present at the meeting.
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, RO Supervisor Jason Bench and EDD Lauren Bush.
Guest: Shaun Martin, Representative for Atmos Energy
Proclamation: Fair Housing Month was read by MPT Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: . No announcements were made by MPT Hrncirik at this time.
Citizen questions or comments: No announcements were made at this time
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
- Approve February, 15, 2018, Regular meeting minutes and February 22, 2018, Special Call meeting minutes.
(b) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
(c ) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
(d) Administrative and Supervisor Reports
Council reviewed the consent agenda and clarifications and corrections were made to the
February 15, 2018, Regular Meeting minutes, by adding Jeff Greg and Shannon Strickland to
the guest list. Also, Finance Director Mary Griffin corrected finance page. Corrections were
noted by MPT Hrncirik.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden, to
accept the consent agenda, with corrections. Motion passes unanimously.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1458, a resolution presented by Atmos Manager Shaun Martin, to approve and adopt a Rate Schedule RRM and Rate Review Mechanism.
Motion made by Council member Paula K. Vaden, second by Council member Monty Glass, to accept Resolution No. 1458, to approve and adopt a Rate Schedule RRM and Rate Review Mechanism. Motion passes unanimously.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing to begin at 7:12 p.m.
- A City of Seymour holding a Public Hearing regarding Resolution No. 1457. This resolution allows the Seymour Police Department to pursue vehicles through a USDA Grant.
Resolution No. 1457, was passed and approved at the February, 2018, Regular Council meeting. Changes have been made since that time according to City Administrator Biedermann. The City will apply for one vehicle instead of two as previously considered.
One vehicle will be bought now and the other one will be sometime in October, 2018.
A Public Hearing was also held due to not having one in February.
No questions were asked and Public Hearing closed.
Public Hearing Closes and Regular Meeting resumes at 7:17 p.m.
- Discuss monthly Seymour Water Well report from RO Supervisor Jason Bench.
City Council had questions due to the Water Well report presented in February.
There is sometimes no explanation as to why wells trend upward, when dry. Jason Bench explained that the best wells at the RO Plant have been trending down very slowly and fluctuate on a monthly basis. The aquifer still has plenty of water and he will continue to monitor the wells on a weekly basis and notify the Council if any significant changes occur.
No more questions were asked and no action was needed or taken at this time.
- Discuss and take action regarding resolution authorizing donation of real property, described as 409 W. Idaho Street, also known as the Louis Johnson Memorial Auditorium, legal description, Morris Addition, Block 20, Lots 1-12. SISD will transfer property to City of Seymour.
City Council reviewed the information that was given to them by SISD personnel. Questions regarding the resolution were directed to Mr. Biedermann, who will contact SISD personnel and give an update at our Special Called meeting on March 29, 2018. No action was taken
- Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid in February, 2018.
Council reviewed the account payable bills paid during the month of February, 2018.
Motion made by Council member Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to accept the bills as presented. Motion passes unanimously.
- Discuss, and accept the Certification of Unopposed Candidates for the City of Seymour General Election, scheduled for May 5, 2018, for Council Place 1- Les Hons, Council Place 3-Jon Hrncirik and Council Place 5- Monty Glass.
Council member Les Hons, Council member Jon Hrncirik and Council member Monty Glass, re-applied for their respective places before the deadline. Each one of them remained unopposed therefore, our City General Election was cancelled. Council members will be sworn in after the May 5, 2018, General Election at a Special Called meeting.
Motion made by Council member Mary K. Fair, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden, to accept the Certification of Unopposed Candidates as presented by city secretary. Motion passes .
- Discuss, and approve the Order of Cancellation for the City of Seymour General Election for May 5, 2018.
Motion made by Council member Paula K. Vaden, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to accept the Order of Cancellation for the May 5, 2018, City of Seymour General Election. Motion passes.
- Discuss, and approve Resolution No. 1459, a resolution canceling the City of Seymour General Election, scheduled for May 5, 2018.
Motion made by Council member Mary K. Fair, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden to accept General Election Resolution stating the cancellation of such election. Motion passes.
- Discuss and take action regarding Planning & Zoning Board, by appointing Brian Broome and Mark McCord as Commission Members, for a two year term.
EDD Lauren Bush addressed City Council and explained that Brian Broome and Mark McCord were a valuable asset to the Planning and Zoning Board. They are replacing board members Theresa Moore and Donald Coltharp.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Monty Glass, to accept the appointment of Brian Broome and Mark McCord to the Planning and Zoning Board. Motion passes unanimously.
- Discuss and give EDD Lauren Bush, direction regarding window banners for the Whiteside Center for Performing Arts at 301 N. Washington Street.
Ms. Bush explained that due to the time change, when showing movies at the cinema, there is too much light that interferes with the movie screen. Lauren would like to purchase some solid color banners for the nine windows at the cinema. The funds would be provided by the EDD Fund. Banners would be approximately 69” W X 110” H.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Monty Glass, to allow Lauren Bush, ED Director to purchase window banners for the movie cinema with the understanding that no alterations of any kind will be made to the windows. She understood.
Motion passes unanimously.
- Adjournment by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Monty Glass, to adjourn meeting at 7:51 p.m. Motion passes.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 19TH DAY OF APRIL , 2018.
Mayor Josh Sosolik
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC