March 23, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Mar 20, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Session on, Thursday, March 23, 2017 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor
Proclamation: Fair Housing Month
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one
motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent
Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve February, 16, 2017 Regular meeting minutes
(b) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
(c ) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss and hear monthly supervisor reports from the following departments:
Administration, Finance, Police, Economic Development, Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street and Park, Salt Fork & Pool and Emergency Management.
3. Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in February, 2017.
Regular Meeting Closes and Public Hearing will begin
4. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing regarding the City of Seymour Drought Contingency Plan.
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
5. Discuss, consider and take action to change the Drought Contingency Plan from Stage 3 to Stage 2, with an effective date of April 1, 2017.
6. Discuss, consider and take action on mowing fees regarding the Baylor County Appraisal District properties.
7. A Resolution to acknowledge a potential conflict of interest between Conchita Torrez and the Home Program Applicant Gloria Leal.
8. Hear citizen comments from Angela Walling regarding animals at large in her vicinity and
give City Administrator direction on the issue.
9. Discuss, consider and give EDD Lauren Bush direction regarding trees located on the North
side of City Hall.
10. Hear and discuss grant information received from ED Director Lauren Bush.
11. Discuss and give direction to Lauren Bush regarding Whiteside Memorial.
12. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann regarding Electric,
Plumbing and Building Codes.
Executive Session: Public Meeting closes
13. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local
Government Code under: §551.074(2)Personnel Matters: To hear a complaint or charge
against an officer or employee: Water Supervisor
Executive Session closes and Executive Session two will begin
14. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local
Government Code under: §551.074- (1) Personnel Matters: To deliberate the appointment,
employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or
employee: Animal Control Officer
Execution Session two closes and Executive Session three begins
15. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local
Government Code under: §380.001- Economic Development Programs: An update regarding
Cook project per EDD Lauren Bush.
Executive Session three closes and Executive Session four begins
16. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local
Government Code under: §551.072: Deliberation regarding Sales and Property Tax Agreement
Receive information from Finance Director Mary Griffin, requesting approval to create a
Reserve Fund account for Tax Incentive/ Reimbursement use.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
17. Discuss and take action resulting from Executive Session one.
18. Discuss and take action resulting from Executive Session two.
19. Discuss and take action resulting from Executive Session three.
20. Discuss and take action resulting from Executive Session four.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of
the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official
posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas a place of
convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this
Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.