May 11, 2017 – Special Called City Council Meeting Agenda
May 16, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Special City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 11, 2017, at 6:00 p.m., at City Hall Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance
- Canvass of Election Returns regarding May 6, 2017, General Election for two-year
term for Mayoral Position, Councilmember Place #2 and Councilmember Place #4 as
reviewed by Council Canvass Subcommittee: Council members Jon Hrncirik and MPT
Monty Glass. Presenting the canvass of election results is Election Judge Kathy Harper.
- Discuss and approve Resolution No. 1445, a resolution declaring the results of the City
of Seymour, General Election for 2017.
- Statement of Elected Officer administered to Mayor, Council Place #2 and Council
Place # 4 by City Secretary.
- Oath of Office issued to Mayor, Council Place #2 and Council Place #4 by City
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding appointment of Mayor Pro-Tem, for a one
year term, for the City of Seymour.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 8th day of May 2017, at 11:00 a.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary- Conchita Torrez TRMC