May 19, 2014 – Special Called City Council Meeting Minutes
Jun 23, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
MAY 19, 2014
A Special Called Meeting of City Council was held on Monday, May 19, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. at 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Art & Civic Center, Seymour, Texas.
The Mayor asked that the order of meeting be changed and allow the new elected Council Members to be sworn in first, before roll call.
- Statement of Elected Officer signed and filed with the City Secretary from City Council Member Les Hons for Council Place #1 and Jon Hrncirik for City Council
Mayor Toby Hines read the Statement of Elected Officer to Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik.
2. Oath of Office administered to City Council Members Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik for City Council Place #1 and #3.
Mayor Hines administered the Oath of Office to Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik for City Council Places #1 and #3.
- Certificates of Election issued to City Council Members Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik for Place #1 and #3.
Mayor Toby Hines presented the Certificate of Election to our new elected officers.
Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Toby Hines at 7:10 p.m.
Council Present: Mayor Toby Hines, Council Members Les Hons, David Horton, Jon Hrncirik, Billy Henricks and Monty Glass.
Counsel Present: City Attorney Cindy Ayres
City Staff: City Administrator John Studer, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
Guests: Genevieve Hrncirik Matt Gwinn and Nita Hons.
Announcements from the Mayor: No announcements at this time.
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: No questions or comments at this time.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding appointment of Council Member to serve as Mayor Pro-Tem for the City of Seymour, Council Year 2014-2015.
Motion made by Council member David Horton, seconded by Council member Monty Glass to appointment Billy Henricks as Mayor Pro-tem for the City of Seymour 2014-2015. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from City Administrator John Studer, pertaining to cost increase for the 12” transmission pipe for the Emergency Water Line Project # 712137.
City Administrator John Studer explained to City Council that a contract change order was needed for the 12” inch pipe which increased during this time.
Motion made by MPT Billy Henricks, seconded by Council member David Horton to accept the contract change order form in increasing the 12” PVC pipe by $3.50 per linear foot. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action to place three additional water wells into service.
Mayor Hines explained to City Council the possibility of putting in service three additional wells. These wells are located north and south of the street barn.
Mayor explained that there were several wells that could be brought to service to be used.
Council advised City Administrator John Studer to proceed with this plan and get information on figures and cost.
Motion made by Council member David Horton, seconded by Council member Les Hons to allow City Administrator to proceed with getting information on costs to service three wells. Motion passed unanimously.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION BEGINS AT 7:25 P.M.
- The Seymour City Council will convene in closed session as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Section 551.074- Personnel
To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, or dismissal of a public officer or employee: Water Supervisor Position
EXECUTIVE SESSION ENDS AND REGULAR SESSION RESUMES AT 8:41 P.M.
- Take action if any, resulting from deliberations during Executive Session.
Motion made by Council member David Horton, seconded by Council member Monty Glass regarding the Water Supervisor Position and make changes as follows:
To demote the water supervisor to a non supervisor position
To be placed on a 90 day performance improvement trial period with down scale in pay.
- Adjournment by MPT Billy Henricks, seconded by Les Hons to adjourn meeting at 8:45 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 19TH DAY OF JUNE, 2014.
/S/ MAYOR TOBY HINES
/S/ CONCHITA TORREZ