May 19, 2014 – Special Called Meeting Agenda
May 16, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
Special Called Meeting of City Council to be held on Monday, May 19, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. at 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Art & Civic Center, Seymour, Texas. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002 (c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Toby Hines.
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time the Mayor will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
1. Statement of Elected Officer signed and filed with the City Secretary from City Council Member Les Hons for Council Place #1 and Jon Hrncirik for City Council
(Declaracion del funcionario electo firmado y presentado con la Secretaria del Ayuntamiento de la cuidad por posicion concejales Coloque #1 y #3.)
2. Oath of Office administered to City Council Members Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik for City Council Place #1 and #3.
(Juramento de posesion administrado a concejal de la cuidad , lugar #1 and #3.)
3. Certificates of Election issued to City Council Members Les Hons and Jon Hrncirik for Place #1 and #3.
( Certificados de eleccion a posiciones de miembro del Concejo Municipal, lugar 1y 5.)
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding appointment of Council Member to serve as Mayor Pro-Tem for the City of Seymour, Council Year 2014-2015.
5. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from City Administrator John Studer, pertaining to cost increase for the 12” transmission pipe for the Emergency Water Line Project # 712137.
6. Discuss, consider and take action to place three additional water wells into service.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES, PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
7. The Seymour City Council will convene in closed session as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Section 551.074- Personnel
To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, or dismissal of a public officer or employee: Water Supervisor Position
8. Take action if any, resulting from deliberations during Executive Session.
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Friday, May 16, 2014, at 10:00 a.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
/s/ Conchita Torrez
Conchita Torrez, TRMC, City Secretary