May 20, 2021 – City Council Meeting Agenda
May 18, 2021
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting, to be held on Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour, Texas. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Swear in Council Place #2 Candidate for a Two-year term by Mayor Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor
Citizen questions and/or comments:
** If your comments or questions are not part of an agenda item, please allow yourself 5 minutes to state your concerns or comments, and it may be placed on a future agenda if necessary with Mayor approval.
1. Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as Follows:
(A) Approve Meeting minutes for April 15, April 21, May 4, 2021 and
May 6, 2021.
1.) Peoples Bank Texas Account Summary Report
2.) Employee/Contract List
Salt Fork Recreational Complex Membership Report (91)
3.) Written monthly reports from Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearings begin
2. City of Seymour to hold a Final Public Hearing regarding a request for a Specific Use Permit concerning multiple lots that comprise a city block in S & D Subdivision of 1.035 acres, located at 312 W. 12TH Street in Seymour, Texas. This request is from Cody Holub.
3. City of Seymour to hold a Public Hearing regarding an application for a Specific Use Permit Lot 4, Block 4 of the S-D Addition comprised of .09 acres, located at 1003 N. Cedar Street in Seymour, Texas. This application is requested by Byron Latham.
Public hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
4. Discuss and hear comments from Barbara Moore, regarding property at 709 W. California Street.
5. Discuss, consider, and take action after reviewing Harris Land Lease from City Attorney.
6. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Specific Use Permit at 312 W. 12th St to Cody Holub.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding tear down of Appraisal District houses.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action approving City of Seymour Accounts Payable bills for the month of April 2021, in the amount of $599,367.18.
9. Discuss, and give City Secretary direction to place Mowing Bid in the Baylor County Banner for two weeks as required by law.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Sessions will begin
10. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter
551 of the Texas Local Government Code, §551.074, Personnel; Seymour
Police Department Chief of Police.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberation from
12. Adjournment of meeting
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the
meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and
correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting
place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour,
Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public
at all times, and said notice posted this the 14th day of May 2021, by
5:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary- Conchita Torrez, TRMC