May 21, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
May 14, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting, to be held on Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at the Seymour Auditorium, 301 N. Washington, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time the Mayor will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. The Mayor may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting on April 23, 2020, Emergency Meeting on April 28, 2020, and
Special Called Meeting on May 12, 2020.
1.) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
2.) Employee/Contract List & Salt Fork Recreational Complex Membership Report
3.) Written monthly reports from Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
2. Discuss, consider, and take action in regards to the Close Out Project with AMERESCO.
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding a presentation from Randy Hardin, Bluebonnet Landscaping Creations.
1ST PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
4. The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing to discuss whether to raise the Electricity Power Cost Factor or leave as is.
2ND PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
5. The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing to discuss the City of Seymour, Curfew Ordinance. This is reviewed every 3 years.
PUBLIC HEARING CLOSES AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-04, to raise the Electric Power Cost Factor from .065 to .085, or leave as is.
7. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-05, City of Seymour Curfew Ordinance, which is reviewed every three years.
8. Discuss and take action in regards to a Beautification Comprehensive Plan presented by ED Director Lauren Bush.
9. Discuss, consider and take action to approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills
paid the month of April 2020.
10. Discuss and take action to renew a One Year cleaning contract with Ashley Ross, for
the Portwood Art & Civic Center.
11. Discuss, and take action to renew a One Year cleaning contract with Ashley Ross, for
City Hall Offices.
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding The American Red Cross, using the
Portwood Pavilion Center, located at 800 E. Morris Street, in the event of a disaster.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this the 14th day of May 2020, by 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours
preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary- Conchita Torrez, TRMC