May 26, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
May 23, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
Proclamation: Tourism Week and Relay for Life
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time the Mayor will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- a) Approve Thursday, April 21, 2016 Regular meeting minutes and May 18, 2016, Special called meeting minutes.
- b) Accept Reports
Monthly Investment Report
First National Bank accounts report summary
Employee & Contract List /Golf Course Membership Report
End of Consent Agenda
- Regular meeting will close and Public Hearing (s) will begin
- Conduct a Public Hearing reviewing a Golf Cart Ordinance for the City of Seymour, Tx.
Public Hearing One closes and Two begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing with the Planning & Zoning Committee, regarding a variance
request from John E. Nelson, for property described as 705 E. Nevada Street.
Public Hearing Two closes and Public Hearing Three begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding a petition for street or alley closure. Request from
property owner Hilda/Ronald Kunkel, commonly known as 704 E. Ingram Street.
Public Hearing Three closes and Public Hearing Four begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 2014-03, Section 2: Schedules A &
B, increasing water and sewer rates for the City of Seymour, Texas.
Public Hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2016-05, an ordinance regarding golf carts
in the City of Seymour, Texas.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2016-06, repealing section two (2) of
Ordinance No. 2014-03, schedules A & B, regarding water and sewer rates, and repealing
all previous water, sewer and garbage ordinances, by combining them into one ordinance.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2016-07, an ordinance regarding
petition to close the street/alley at 704 E. Ingram Street, as requested by owners Hilda
- Discuss, consider and take action to sponsor Baylor County Relay for Life in the
amount of $500.00.
- Hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Department Supervisors: Administration,
Finance, Electric, Water/WWTP & R.O., Police, Street/Park, Pool/SFREC, Economic
Development and Emergency Management.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of
April 2016, excluding bills received from Contech Engineered Solutions Inc.
- Discuss and take action to approve bills paid in the month of April, 2016 to Contech
Engineered Solutions Inc.
- Discuss, consider and take action to remove all responsibility for all taxing entity
elections (except for Municipal Gov. Elections) from the City of Seymour, City Secretary.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding
acquired property located at 602 S. Washington Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resolution No. 1419, budget transfers.
- Discuss, consider and take action on quotes received for the Sound Pocket Park,
regarding concrete project.
- Discuss, consider and take action from request received from the Baylor County
Historical Commission, to allow them to use rock that was removed from city park to erect a
sign for Lake Creek Bridge.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 23rd day of May 2016, by 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary- Conchita Torrez TRMC