May 9, 2019 – Special Called City Council Meeting Agenda
May 7, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Special City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 09, 2019, at 6:00 p.m., at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour, Texas 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance
- Canvass of Election Returns regarding May 4, 2019, General Election for a two-year
Term for Mayoral Position, Councilmember Place #2 and Councilmember Place #4 as
reviewed by Council Canvass Subcommittee: Council members Monty Glass and Lan
Winn. Presenting the canvass of election results is Election Judge Kathy Harper.
- Discuss and approve Election Resolution No. 1480, a resolution declaring the results of
the City of Seymour, 2019, General Election.
- Statement of Elected Officer administered to Mayor and Council Place # 4 by City
Secretary. ( Council member Place #2, Paula K. Vaden was sworn in at an earlier date)
- Oath of Office administered to Mayor and Council Place #4 by City Secretary.
(Council member Place #2, Paula K. Vaden was sworn in at an earlier date)
- Elect a Mayor Pro-Tem for a one year term and administer the Oath of Office.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the May 16, 2019, Regular City Council
Meeting, to May 23, 2019.
- Discuss and approve the Regular City Council minutes from April 18, 2019 and April 23,
2019, Special Called minutes.
- Discuss, re-consider and take action regarding Salt Fork guidelines.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the Hotel/Motel Tax Fund request for Bryan
and Myranda Baldwin, dba The Ice House Event Venue, located at 107 N. Oak Street.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 6th day of May 2019, at 10:00 a.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez TRMC