November 19, 2019 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Nov 15, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Rescheduled City Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor 🙁 Mayor Hrncirik, at this time, will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s Questions and/ or Comments: (Citizen’s at this time are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a. Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for Thursday, October 17, 2019
b. Employee List/SFRC Membership Total Report
Administration and Supervisor monthly reports
End of Consent Agenda
Regular meeting closes and Public hearing begins
2. A Public Hearing of the City of Seymour, Texas, regarding the placement of Two Solar LED Yellow Flashing Beacon Lights, to be placed on Nevada and Cedar Street and Morris and Cedar Street.
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
3. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2019-08, regarding the placement of Two Solar LED Yellow Flashing Beacon Lights, to be placed on Nevada and Cedar Street and Morris and Cedar Street.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin in regards to Agenda Item #4
4. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under §551.071- Consultation with City Attorney regarding property located on N. Washington Street, belonging to Bill Culver.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting will resume
5. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator, Steve Biedermann, regarding AFLAC information received from Deana Dalton and Alex Ford.
6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1487, regarding a Financial Agreement for the purpose of procuring a “Backhoe and Miscellaneous Equipment”.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour bills paid the month of
8. Discuss, consider and take action to change December 19, 2019, Regular City Council meeting to Thursday, December 12, 2019, or leave as scheduled.
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual contract, between the City of Seymour, and Baylor County Appraisal District. This contract is for Assessment and
Collection Services, beginning January 1, 2020, and ending December 31, 2020.
10. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour, Debt Services as presented by Finance Director, Mary Griffin.
11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the Salt Fork Recreational Complex Membership Application update.
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Seymour Housing Authority, Transfer Station Fee privileges.
13. Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator, Steve Biedermann, regarding the placement of wireless internet service from AMA Tech Tel for City of Seymour buildings.
14. Discuss, consider and take action on identifying limits that the Seymour Police Department, are allowed to respond beyond the City limits and provide assistance to DPS, EMS, Baylor Co. Sheriff’s Dept., SVFD and TxDot.
15. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the Christmas Cowboy Ball Sponsorship in the amount of $200.00, for December 7, 2019. All proceeds to benefit the Seymour Rodeo Association.
16. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the appointment of an Alternate, for the Rolling Plains Management Corporation.
17. Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding current water/sewer ordinance.
18. Discuss, consider and take action regarding KSEY Radio, and whether to stay on the air or not, during council meetings.
19. Discuss, consider and take action regarding a onetime sponsorship payment to the Seymour Chamber of Commerce and allowing them to disburse as needed for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
20. Discuss and review the Reverse Osmosis Water Well Report as presented by City Administrator, Steve Biedermann.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session(s) will begin
21. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under §551.074- Personnel: Electric Position/Job Description.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
22. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session on personal property, located on N. Washington Street.
23. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session on job description for Electric Department.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority,
do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the
City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of said notice that I posted
on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington
Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the
general public at all times, and said notice posted this Thursday, November 14,
2019, at 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC