November 19, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Nov 16, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, November 19, 2020, 6:00p.m. at the City Hall Auditorium, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor 🙁 Mayor Hrncirik, at this time, will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s Questions and/ or Comments: (Citizen’s at this time are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a. Approve Meeting Minutes for October 21. 2020 and November 2, 2020.
b. (1) Employee List/SFRC Membership Total Report
(2) Administration and Supervisor monthly reports
End of Consent Agenda
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
2. An Executive Session closed to the public and pursuant to Chapter 551, of the Texas Local Government Code, Section 551.071, regarding Electric Rate Base Study.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
3. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session, concerning Electric Rate Base Study.
4. Discuss and hear presentation from Matt Knox (Knox Waste Services) and Joe Spano with Republic Services.
5. Discuss, consider, and take action after hearing proposal from John Horn, Trey Reed and Richard Futch, regarding the Seymour Shooting Range.
6. Mayor Hrncirik to read letter of apology to Charlie Rose.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour bills paid the month of
October 2020, in the amount of $523,998.00.
8. Discuss and take action from after hearing Katie Pritchard and Dennis Carrington speak regarding 500 block of S. East Street.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding purchase of golf cart by Derek Rose, that is located at the street barn.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
10. A Public Hearing of the City of Seymour, regarding changes to Chapters 1-5 for the City of Seymour Texas, as presented by ED Director Lauren Bush.
11. A Public Hearing of the City of Seymour, regarding request from Steve Johnson, an application for 609 S. Donald Street, Subdivision of Miller 2nd Addition, Lot 4, Block 5, comprised of .482 acres, located in Seymour, Texas.
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
12. Re-discuss and consider changing the Transfer Station hours after Public Hearings have been placed in the BANNER as required by law.
13. Discuss, consider, and re-visit , Tiffany Varner, Specific Use Permit.
14. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding the Harris Land Lease Agreement between City of Seymour and Royce Stallcup.
15. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Rodding Machine for the City of Seymour, as presented by Robert Torrez, Water/Wastewater Supervisor.
16. Discuss and give ED Director Lauren Bush direction to pursue outside Hotel project.
17. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding information received from Mr. Wayne Olsen, regarding case to case quote or quotes as the Interim City Attorney.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session to begin
18. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, Section 551.074; Personnel- City Administrator Position
19. Deliberation from Executive Session regarding City Administrator position.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, November 13, 2020 at 3:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC