November 20th – City Council Meeting Agenda
Nov 17, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATION: DIABETES AWARENESS MONTH
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for October 16, 2014, Special Called Meeting Minutes for November 6, 2014 and November 11, 2014.
b.1. Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List and Salt Fork membership total report
- Seymour Police Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing begins
- A Public Hearing held regarding the submission of a Texas Department of Agriculture’s Community Development Block Grant Program for water and sewer improvements.
Public Hearing closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resolution No. 1394, a Resolution authorizing the submission of a Texas Community Development block grant program application to the Texas Department of Agriculture for the Community Development Fund, and authorizing the Mayor to act as the City’s Executive Officer and authorized representative in all matters pertaining to the City’s participation.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Mr. George Nitschke, Good Earth Mechanics, on information regarding the Selenium issue.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Brenda & Curtis Worthington, to place an R.V. Trailer at 510 S. Stratton Street, as a residence home.
- Discuss, consider and take action and allow engineer firm to move forward with city related business regarding selenium issue.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from EDD Lauren Bush, pertaining to Retail Coach project.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from EDD Lauren Bush, pertaining to building inspector.
- Approve City Council report for City bills paid in October 2014, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik and Snyder Construction & Steel Sales.
- Approve City Council report for City bills paid in October 2014, from Albert Todd Hrncirik.
- Approve City Council report for City bills paid in October 2014, from Snyder Construction & Steel Sales.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Staff regarding Tech Service, utility pole project.
- Discuss and give City Staff direction regarding ad to be placed in BANNER, for water and SFREC department.
- Discuss, consider and take action to allow the City of Seymour to be closed on December 26, 2014.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session One begins
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074: General Discussion regarding SFREC, R.O. Plant, Water/Sewer, Street, Administrative, Police, Park and Electric Department.
RE: Evaluations and Sick Leave Incentive
Executive Session one closes and Executive Session two will begin.
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074: Personnel Matters regarding Interim Water/Sewer Supervisor Position.
Executive Session two closes and Executive Session three will begin.
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074: Personnel Matters, to review and discuss the City Administrator Applications.
Executive Sessions End and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session, regarding General Discussion regarding evaluations and sick leave incentive. .
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session, regarding General discussion regarding Interim Water/ Sewer Supervisor.
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session, regarding the review and discussion of City Administrator applications.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, November 17, 2013 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC