November 22, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Nov 18, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s Questions and/ or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for October 20, 2016, and Special Called Meeting Minutes for October 26, 2016.
- 1. Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/SFRE Membership Total Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Hear monthly reports from the following supervisors for the City of Seymour: Administration, Economic Development, Finance, Police, Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street/Park, SFREC/Pool and Emergency Management.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- The City of Seymour to conduct a Public Hearing regarding current Ordinance No. 2012-02, by repealing and modifying ordinance with updated information.
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2016-11, Whiteside Center of Performing Arts with updates as discussed in Public Hearing.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid in the month of October, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1434 the Personnel Policy Manual with changes/ modifications, presented by City Administrator, Steve Biedermann as follows:
Employee responsibility regarding information, time cards, holidays (e), vacation, sick leave benefits (g), bereavement leave, personal leave, food and lodging, violence-free workplace, City of Seymour Drug Policy (j) (r) and (v).
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1435, directing publication of notice of intention to issue combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session (s) will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the TLGC, under §380.001-Economic Development Programs- regarding information received from ED Director Lauren Bush.
Executive Session one ends and Executive two will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the TLGC, under § 551.076- Security Personnel or Devices, regarding update on security plan.
Executive Sessions close and Regular Meeting will resume
- Discuss and take action from information received in executive session one, regarding Economic Development programs.
- Discuss and take action from information received in executive session two, regarding Security Devices .
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC