November 22, 2016 – City Council Meeting Minutes
Dec 30, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
NOVEMBER 22, 2016
A Regular City Council Meeting was held on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis at 7:00 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis, Council members Les Hons, David Horton, Jon Hrncirik, Mary K. Fair and MPT Monty Glass.
Counsel present: Interim City Attorney Cody Robinette
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Finance Director Mary Griffin, Chief Mike Griffin, Electric Supervisor Jay Barrington, ED Director Lauren Bush.
Guest: Jared Bodkin
Announcements from the Mayor: Mayor Gilbert-Mathis wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe holiday.
Citizen’s Questions and/ or Comments: No one had any citizen comments or questions at this meeting.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for October 20, 2016, and Special Called Meeting Minutes for October 26, 2016.
- 1. Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/SFRE Membership Total Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Mayor and City Council reviewed the Consent Agenda items and a motion was entertained.
Motion made by Council member Jon Hrncirik, second by MPT Monty Glass to approve the Consent Agenda as presented by City Staff. Motion passed unanimously.
- Hear monthly reports from the following supervisors for the City of Seymour: Administration, Economic Development, Finance, Police, Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street/Park, SFREC/Pool and Emergency Management.
Department Supervisor’s gave their respective oral report to the Mayor and City Council. Mr. Biedermann gave a written report for the Street, Water/Sewer/RO, Salt Fork and Emergency Management departments. No action was taken on this agenda item.
Mayor Gilbert-Mathis announced at this time that due to some information she would like to clarify, the Public Hearing and agenda item three and four would not take place at this time. The PH and item three would be tabled until the December 2016, Regular Council Meeting.
At this time Council moved on to Agenda Item #5.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Les Hons, to table Public Hearing and agenda item three. Motion passed unanimously.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- The City of Seymour to conduct a Public Hearing regarding current Ordinance No. 2012-02, by repealing and modifying ordinance with updated information.
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2016-11, Whiteside Center of Performing Arts with updates as discussed in Public Hearing.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid in the month of October, 2016.
After reviewing the City Bills for the month of October, 2016, City Council made a motion to entertain. Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass to approve the city bills for the month of October. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1434 the Personnel Policy Manual with changes/ modifications, presented by City Administrator, Steve Biedermann as follows:
Employee responsibility regarding information, time cards, holidays (e), vacation, sick leave benefits (g), bereavement leave, personal leave, food and lodging, violence-free workplace, City of Seymour Drug Policy (j) (r) and (v).
Council had been given this information a week in advance so they could look it over and make any changes before the scheduled meeting.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to approve Resolution No. 1434, Personal Policy Manual as presented by City Staff. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1435, directing publication of notice of intention to issue combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass, to approve Resolution No. 1435. Motion passed unanimously.
At this time Mayor Gilbert-Mathis called a 10 to 15 minute recess.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session (s) will begin at 7:34 p.m.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the TLGC, under §380.001-Economic Development Programs- regarding information received from ED Director Lauren Bush.
Executive Session one ends and Executive two will begin at 8:12 p.m.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the TLGC, under § 551.076- Security Personnel or Devices, regarding update on security plan.
Executive Sessions close and Regular Meeting will resume at 8:46 p.m.
- Discuss and take action from information received in executive session one, regarding Economic Development programs.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass to allow EDD Lauren Bush to pursue grant and to use funds from Special ED account. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss and take action from information received in executive session two, regarding Security Devices.
Motion made by Council member David Horton, second by Council member Jon Hrncirik, to allow City Administrator to pursue feasible security options for Seymour City Hall. Motion passed unanimously.
- Adjournment by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Jon Hrncirik at 848 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 15TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2016.
Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC