October 15, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 13, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 15, 2020, at 6:00 P.M. at the City Hall Auditoruim, 301 N. Washington Street, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance of the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002 (c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Proclamation: Czech & Hispanic Heritage Month and Cancer Prevention Month
Announcements from Mayor: At this time Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any arrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time.
Citizen/Questions and or Comments: Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1.CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve meeting minutes for September 17th, September 21st , & October 1, 2020
b.) Accept Reports
1. Monthly Investment Report for August 2020
2. Employee List & Salt Fork Golf Membership Total (88)
3. Administration and Supervisor Written Reports
4. Quarterly Investment Report
End of Consent Agenda
2. Discuss and hear presentation regarding the Reverse Osmosis Plant by John Davis and Allen Phillips with Jacob & Martin, LLC.
Regular Meeting Closes and Executive Session begins
3. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to the Texas Local Government Code, Section §551.071, Consultation with City Attorney regarding Rate Study and Information with Steve Moffitt, Schneider Engineering.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
4. Discuss and hear presentation from Steve Moffitt, Schneider Engineering regarding Electrical Rate Study for the City of Seymour, 2021.
5. Discuss, and take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session, Rate Study and Information.
6. ED Director Lauren Bush, will review Seymour City Codes Chapter 4, Business and Commerce and Chapter 5, Fire Protection Codes with City Council.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action to review and approve Resolution No. 1500, a resolution of the City of Seymour, regarding the City of Seymour Investment Policy as required by law on an annual basis to be reviewed.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve the City bills paid the month of September 2020, in the amount of $ 586,226.39.
9. Discuss, consider, and approve the Tabor Wyatt Softball Benefit Tournament scheduled for October 17th thru October 18, 2020.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding paving sealed bid (s) received for the Cliff Styles parking lot.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding tennis and basketball court bid (s) received.
12. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Code Enforcement Supervisor job description.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session begins
13. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551.071, Consultation with City Attorney regarding Salt Fork Gun Range dispute over easement.
Executive Session two closes and three begins
14. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551.071, Consultation with City Attorney regarding Gun Range Member behavior.
Executive Session three closes and Executive Session four will begin
15. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551.074, Personnel job description for Code Supervisor job description.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
16. Discuss, consider, and take action on deliberations resulting from Executive Session regarding Gun Range Easement dispute.
17. Discuss, consider, and take action on deliberations resulting from Executive Session regarding Gun Range Member’s behavior.
18. Discuss, consider, and take action on deliberations resulting from Executive Session regarding Code Supervisor job description.
19. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding a temporary change in the response time (30) minutes for the Electric Department, until a full crew is established.
20. Adjournment of meeting
Note: Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session or go into Executive Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted on Friday, October 9, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC