October 16, 2014 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 14, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 16, 2014, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATION: Czech Heritage Month
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for September 18, 2014 and Special Called Meeting Minutes for Monday, September 29, 2014.
- Accept REPORTS 2. First National Bank accounts report summary 4. Seymour Police Report c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Fiscal Year 2013-2014, Appraisal District and City of Seymour, for Assessment and Collection Services of December 31, 2015. Code under §551.074: Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters; To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a Public Officer or employee. Water/ Sewer Supervisor Position 15. Executive Session: (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Gov. Code under §551.074. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters; To deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a Public Officer or employee. Review City Administrator applications16. Executive Session: (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Gov. Code under §551.071- Consultation with Attorney, regarding personnel matters at SFREC. EXECUTIVE SESSION(S) CLOSES END AND PUBLIC MEETING REOPENS 17. Take action resulting from deliberations in First Executive Session-Water/Sewer Department Supervisor Position. . AdjournmentI, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 13th day of October, 2014 at 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
- Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC
- Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
- 19. Take action resulting from deliberations in Third Executive Session – Personnel matters at SFREC.
- 18. Take action resulting from deliberations in Second Executive Session – City Administrator Application(s)
- 14. Executive Session: (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Gov.
- REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION(S) BEGINS
- 13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Halloween schedule.
- 12. Discuss, consider and give Lauren Bush, Economic Development Direction, direction regarding participation with the GrowNorthTexas project.
- 11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Lauren Bush on Global Earth Mechanics.
- 10. Discuss, consider and give City Staff direction regarding zoning implementations.
- 9. Discuss and hear monthly presentation from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Steve Moffitt, Schneider Engineering, regarding AEP Contract.
- George Donnell $395 monthly
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding contract for maintenance and cleaning at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, located at 800 E. Morris Street, for a term of service beginning November 1, 2014 and ending October 31, 2015.
- Tamie Estrada $400 bi-weekly
- 6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding contract for maintenance and cleaning at the City of Seymour offices, located at 301 N. Washington Street: Utility, Finance, Municipal Court, Economic Development, Conference Room, Restrooms and Administrative offices, for a term of service beginning November 1, 2014 and ending October 31, 2015.
- REMOVE AGENDA ITEMS # 5-6, FROM TABLE:
- 5. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2014, from Albert Todd Hrncirik
- 4. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2014, from Contech Construction Product.
- 3. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2014, from Snyder Construction & Steel Sales.
- 2. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2014, excluding bills from Snyder Construction & Steel Sales, Albert Todd Hrncirik and Contech Construction Product.
- END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- the Baylor County Appraisal District, beginning January 1, 2015 and ending
- d.) Discuss and take action regarding the annual contract between The Baylor County
- Quarter 4 Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
- 3. Employee List & SFRE Membership List
- 1. Monthly Investment Report