October 18, 2018 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 15, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 18, 2018, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Pro –Tem Jon Hrncirik
Proclamation(s): Czech Heritage
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any arrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions/Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1.CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for September 27, 2018 and Special Called Meeting Minutes for October 8, 2018.
b.) Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Reports for August and September 2018
- First Bank & Trust Account Report Summary
- Employee List & SFRE Membership List
- Administration and Supervisor Written reports
c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Fiscal Year 2017-2018,
Quarterly 4 Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting closes and Public hearing begins
- A Public Hearing of the City of Seymour regarding the request of Cody Holub, to
install a “Dead End”, “No Thru Way”, and “No Dumping” roadside sign at the
intersection of 12th Street and North Cedar Street. Also included in the public
hearing is the installation of a lockable gate across North Foley Street, at the corner of
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the request of Cody Holub, to install a
“Dead End”, “No Thru Way” and “No Dumping” roadside sign at the intersection of 12th
Street and North Cedar Street. Also, the installation of a lockable gate across North
Foley Street, at the corner of 12TH Street.
- Discuss and hear presentation from Emergency Management Coordinator John
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid(s) received for the installation of an
in-ground pool constructed of either steel, fiberglass or polymer at the Salt Fork River
Estates, located at 728 U.S. Hwy 283 South, from the following:
Hatcher Pool in the amount of $43,071.00
- Discuss, consider and take action by approving Resolution No. 1472, an annual
Resolution of the City of Seymour, Texas, reviewing the Investment Policy for Invested
funds for the City of Seymour.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1473, a resolution amending the
operating budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019, a one-time budget adjustment for
Municipal Purposes regarding line item increase to cover property and liability claims.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1474, a resolution approving the
over and /under 5k line items for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
- Discuss, consider and allow City Administrator Steve Biedermann to reduce police car
price to $500.00.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual contract, between the City of
Seymour, and Baylor County Appraisal District, for Assessment and Collection
Services of the Baylor County Appraisal District, beginning January 1, 2019 and ending
December 31, 2019.
- Discuss, consider and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report.
- Discuss and take action to consider approval to issue requests for proposals and
qualifications for services related to 2019-2020, Community Development funding as
administered by the Texas Department of Agriculture.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City bills paid the month of September,
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the selling of City of Seymour lot
described as 410 N. Tackitt Street.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session begins
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas local Government Code § 551.074: Personnel regarding Family Medical Leave
Act (FMLA) information.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting will resume
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the
items listed in this agenda.
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 15th day of October, 2018 at 3:3:0 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC