October 19, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 17, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 19, 2017, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Josh Sosolik
Proclamation(s): Czech Heritage and Fire Prevention Month
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any arrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions/Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda : (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1.CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for September 21, 2017
b.) Accept REPORTS
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First National Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List & SFRE Membership List
4. Administration and Supervisor Written reports
c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Fiscal Year 2016-2017,
Quarter 4 Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting closes and Public hearing begins
2. A Public Hearing of the City of Seymour regarding a re-zoning request by Jason Bench/Elizabeth Hostas, at 300 W. California Street, also known as Lot 7 & South 45 feet of Lot 8, Block 5, Morris Addition, from a B-1 to a B-2 Commercial zone.
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding re-zoning request from Jason
Bench/Elizabeth Hostas, at 300 W. California Street, from a B-1 to a B-2 Commercial
4. Discuss, consider and give ED Director Lauren Bush direction regarding grant
Information and distribution of funds.
5. Discuss, consider and take action by adopting Resolution No. 1453, an annual
Resolution of the City of Seymour, Texas, reviewing the Investment Policy for Invested
funds for the City of Seymour.
6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual contract, between the City of
Seymour, and Baylor County Appraisal District, for Assessment and Collection
Services of the Baylor County Appraisal District, beginning January 1, 2018 and ending
December 31, 2018.
7. Discuss, consider and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report.
8. Discuss, consider and take action on annual City of Seymour’s sponsorship for the
Fireman’s Appreciation Dinner scheduled for November 2, 2017, in the amount of
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid for the month of
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
10. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under §551.071- Consultation with City Attorney
regarding Code Enforcement Position.
Executive session One closes and Executive Session Two will begin
11. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under § 551.071- Consultation with City Attorney
regarding Golf Cart Ordinance.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session Three will begin
12. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under §551.074- Personnel; Clarification regarding
Sick Leave Incentive.
Executive Session closes and regular meeting resumes
13. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive session regarding
Code Enforcement position.
14. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive session regarding
Golf Cart Ordinance.
15. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive session regarding
clarification on Sick Leave Incentive.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the
items listed in this agenda.
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 16th day of October, 2017 at 3:3:0 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC