October 20, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 18, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 20, 2016, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATION: Czech Heritage Month
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any arrangement to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for September 15, 2016 and Special Called Meeting Minutes for Monday, September 29, 2016.
b.) Accept REPORTS
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First National Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List & SFRE Membership List
c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Fiscal Year 2015-2016,
Quarter 4 Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss and take action regarding the annual contract between The Baylor County Appraisal District and City of Seymour, for Assessment and Collection Services of the Baylor County Appraisal District, beginning January 1, 2017 and ending December 31, 2017.
3. Discuss and hear monthly presentation from department supervisors:
Administration, Water/Sewer/ R.O., Electric, Finance, Police Department,
Street/Park, Emergency Management, SFREC/Pool and Economic Development.
4. Discuss, consider and adopt Resolution No. 1430, a Resolution of the City of
Seymour, Texas, reviewing the Investment Policy for Invested funds, under the
Control of the City of Seymour.
5. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1431, a resolution of the City of
Seymour, Texas, to designate authorized signators for the 2016 Texas Community
Development Block Grant Program, Contract 7216411.
6. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1432, a resolution of the City of
Seymour, Texas, adopting the required Community Development Block Grant Civil
7. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1433, a resolution of the City of
Seymour, Texas, requesting consent to the issuance of obligations for water system
improvements and resolving other matters relating thereto.
8. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann regarding
information on property described as 410 N. Tackitt Street.
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding maintenance and cleaning contract, for
the Portwood Pavilion, 800 E. Morris Street, between the City of Seymour and Janet
Eavenson, with term of service November 1, 2016 thru October 31, 2017.
10. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid in September, 2016.
11. Discuss, consider and take action on annual City of Seymour’s sponsorship for the
Firemen’s Appreciation Dinner set for November 14, 2016, in the amount of
12. Discuss, consider and take action to change the November 17, 2016, Regular
Council Meeting, to Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
13. Discuss, consider and give City Administrator Steve Biedermann direction regarding the current Public Nuisance Ordinance and creating a Yard Sale Ordinance.
14. Remove from the September 29, 2016, tabled item regarding the Lease Agreement between the City of Seymour and Seymour Youth Softball.
15. Discuss and hear update from City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding
Lease Agreement between the City of Seymour and Softball Association.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session one will begin
16. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074; Personnel- regarding
Retention Agreement between City of Seymour and Cynthia Ayres, City Attorney.
Executive Session one closes and Executive Session two will begin
17. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074; Personnel- regarding Sick
Executive Session two closes and Executive Session three will begin
18. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the
Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.076- Security Devices- regarding
security devices at City Hall.
Executive Session three closes and Regular Meeting resumes
19. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session One
Retention Agreement between City of Seymour and City Attorney Cynthia Ayres.
20. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session Two
Sick Leave Incentive.
21. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session Three
Security Devices at City Hall.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the
items listed in this agenda.
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 17th day of October, 2016 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC