October 20, 2022 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 17, 2022
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF CLOSED MEETING ( 6:00 p.m. )
FOLLOWED BY A PUBLIC NOTICE OF AN OPEN MEETING
An Executive Session at 6:00 p.m., followed by a Regular City Council Meeting on Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour Texas. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002 (c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
- Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
- Council Member leads prayer
- Executive Sessions
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Local Government Code: §551.071 Consultation with City Attorney,
regarding Special Utility District – Baylor Water Supply.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code: §551.074; Personnel Matters regarding City Council.
- An Executive (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code: § 551.074; Personnel matters regarding Seymour Police Department, Chief of Police.
4. Action regarding Executive Session
a.) Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session.
b.) Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session
regarding personnel matters; city council.
c.) Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session
regarding personnel matters; Seymour Chief of Police.
5. Mayor or MPT Announcements
6. City Administrator Dr. Jeffrey L. Brasher, will recognize Employee or Dept. of
7. Citizen Comments
8. Public Hearings
- A public hearing regarding an application for a re-zoning request by Derek Dalton, concerning subdivision of lot 13, Block 8, of the Original Seymour Addition comprised of .116 acres, located at 120 S. Washington Street in Seymour Texas.
- A public hearing regarding an application for Zoning Specific Use permit request by Chris Orsak, concerning Subdivision of Lot 10, Block 1, of the S-D Addition comprised of .160 acres, located at 312 W. 13TH Street in Seymour, Texas. This will also include permission for a recreational vehicle to be used as a residence on an R-1 zoned lot.
9. Action Items
a.) Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2022-13, a franchise
agreement, between the City of Seymour and Atmos Energy Corporation.
- Discuss, consider, and take action allowing City Administrator to go out for Request for Proposals, regarding Professional Audit Services for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
c.) Discuss, consider, and take action to allow the closing of streets, for
the Permian Fest, February 22nd -25th , 2023, scheduled activities.
d. ) Discuss, consider, and take action regarding bids received for concrete pad
demolition and construction at the City’s Transfer Station.
e.) Discuss, consider, and take action regarding bids received for Wood Chipping
Project at the City of Seymour Transfer Station.
f.) Discuss, consider, and take action approving the sale of Lowe Stout Building to
Seymour ISD, in the amount of $10 K.
g.) Authorize City Administrator to engage professional services for the rehabilitation of
storage tank(s) at the water treatment plant to authorize procurement of bids for
construction, award contracts and proceed with construction of improvements.
10. City Administrator Announcements
- The water-line project is complete, except the roads need to be repaired.
- Contract/Salt Fork Golf totals 110 last month (109)
- City of Seymour Upcoming Events:
- October 15th , 2022 through October 23rd , 2022, Clean up Week (Junk Only)
- October 27th, 2022, KSEY and the City of Seymour Weekly Show
- October 29th , 2022, the City’s 2nd Annual Haunted City Hall 6:00-9:00 P.
- Tricker Treating for Children (FREE)
- Costume Competition (FREE)
- Halloween Movie beginning at approximately 8:00 P.M. (FREE)
- November 17th, 2022, City Council Regular Meeting at 7:00 P.M. Portwood Pav.
- November 24th -27th , City Hall Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday.
d.) Finance Report
e.) Video recording of the Council meeting and placed on a City of Seymour You
Tube channel for citizens to view.
11. Consent Agenda: Consider approving the Consent Agenda as follows:.
- Approve meeting minutes from September 15, 2022 & October 4, 2022
- City of Seymour Employee List
c. ) Supervisor Written Reports
d.) Discuss, consider, and approve the Accounts Payable, City of Seymour bills paid
the month of September, 2022.
12. Adjournment of meeting
Note: The City Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session or go into Executive Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted on Friday, October 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
/s/ Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC