October 22, 2015 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Nov 16, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
OCTOBER 22, 2015
A Special Called Meeting of City Council was held on Thursday, October 22, 2015, at 7:00 p.m., at City Hall, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street.
Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis gave call to order, roll call and Pledge of Allegiance.
Council present: Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis, Council members Les Hons, Jon Hrncirik, David Horton, Greg Shumate and MPT Monty Glass.
Counsel present: City Attorney Cindy Ayres
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Finance Director Mary Griffin, Chief of Police Mike Griffin, Police Dept. Samantha Sturgeon and ED Director Lauren Bush.
Guest(s) No guest attended the meeting.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1407, a resolution submitting a vehicle grant application with USDA, and naming City Administrator as the authorized official.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass, to approve Resolution No. 1407, and allow the Seymour Police Department to submit a grant to USDA for the purchase of police cars and name Steve Biedermann as the authorized official. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding quotes received for the purchase of police vehicle(s).
Chief Griffin and Samantha Sturgeon submitted several quotes to Mayor and City Council to review regarding the purchasing options for police vehicles.
Motion made by Council member Jon Hrncirik, second by Council member Les Hons, to approve quotes received from Dodge City. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding budget adjustment to line item 02-404389- New Police cars, contingent on which grant is awarded to city.
Motion made by MPT Glass, second by Council member Jon Hrncirik, to allow Mary Griffin to make a budget adjustment regarding line item 02-404389, Police cars. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator, to move forward with membrane project.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass, to allow City Administrator Steve Biedermann to move forward with membrane project and allow him to purchase membranes as needed. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss and take action regarding First Bank & Trust Bank Renewal Depository Agreement.
Upon reviewing the Depository Agreement between the City of Seymour and First Bank & Trust, City Attorney Cindy Ayres expressed that she would like for the City to place a bid depository agreement in the BANNER for two weeks. Therefore, she would recommend that the Council table this agenda item.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member David Horton, to table this agenda item at this time, until city staff has the opportunity to go out for bids. Motion passed unanimously.
Special Called Meeting closes and Executive Session begins at 7:34 p.m.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel regarding Economic Development.
Executive Session closes and Special Called Meeting resumes at 8:02 p.m.
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session.
Motion made by Council member David Horton, second by Council member Les Hons, to not allow ED Director Lauren Bush, to work from home. Council felt that they had to adhere to the Personal Policy Manual. Motion passed unanimously.
- Adjournment by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Greg Shumate to adjourn meeting at 8:17 p.m. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 12TH DAY OF NOVEMBER, 2015.
Mayor, Nan Gilbert-Mathis
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary -TRMC