October 8, 2018 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Oct 29, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING MINUTES
October 8, 2018
A Special Called Meeting was held on Monday, October 8, 2018, at Noon at 301 North Washington Street, City Hall Conference Room in Seymour, TX.
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Pro tem Jon Hrncirik at 12:01 p.m.
Council present: MPT Jon Hrncirik, Les Hons, Paula K. Vaden, Mary K. Fair and Monty Glass.
Counsel present: No Counsel present at this meeting.
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Code Enforcement Officer John Byrket and Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
Guest (s) Jim Martin, Kathy Harper, Nancy Davis, Tabatha Lane, Neva Elliott, CJ Bruce, Patricia Deering, Rick Bohanon, Johnny Jackson, Jerrell Donnell and Larry Elliott.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding payment for Lead Testing to GREENWORKS INSPECTIONS in the amount of $450.00. This testing needs to be completed before TDHCA (Home Program) can allocate $100,000 for the historical restoration of the house located at 200 West McLain St. in Seymour, TX.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Councilmember Monty Glass, to pay Greenworks Inspections, $450.00 to complete a lead test at 200 W. McLain Street. Motion passed with 3 ayes and Councilmember Mary K. Fair abstained.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2018-08, amending the text for said Ordinance No. 2007-02 and by adding a Tiny House section to said Ordinance No. 2018-08, as follows:
SECTION 3: Zoning Administration Part E, to remove all language indicating or pertaining to Building Permits and Certificates of Occupancy.
SECTION 5: Zoning Districts Generally Part C item 10, tiny house.
SECTION 11: “B-1”, Restricted Commercial District, Part F., to include allowances for sidewalk sales in a B-1 Commercial District.
SECTION 16: Schedule of Uses and Off-Street Parking Requirements:
- Add “Lodging” to “Boarding, Rooming House” category to make it all inclusive and to mark “Allowed” in a R-1 Residential Zone.
- To mark Water Wells “Allowed” in a R-1 Residential Zone.
- To mark Bed and Breakfast Accommodations “Allowed” in a R-1 Residential Zone &
B-1, Commercial Zone.
- To mark Insurance Sales Office “Allowed” in a R-1 Residential Zone.
Motion made by Paula K. Vaden, second by Councilmember Les Hons, to accept the proposed changes to Ordinance No. 2018-08. Motion passed unanimously.
- Adjournment by Councilmember Les Hons, second by Councilmember Monty Glass at 12:49 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 18TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2018.
Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC