September 15th, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Sep 12, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor
Proclamation: Seymour Ministerial Alliance Month
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular City Council Meeting August 18, 2016, Special Called Meeting Minutes for August 25, 2016, August 30, 2016 and September 6, 2016.
- Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- lst National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List and SFRE Membership Reporter recommendation of Street Supervisor, Adam Sturgeon.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- 2. Hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Department Supervisors: Administration, Finance, Seymour Police Dept., Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street/Park, Emergency Management, SFREC/Pool and Economic Development.
- 3.Discuss, consider and give Economic Development Director Lauren Bush, direction regarding the Downtown Initiative Sidewalk Planning Project.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND PUBLIC HEARING(S) BEGIN
- 4. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing regarding a re-zoning request from Mr. Ralph Sullivan, for property located at 201 W. Ingram Street, also known as East 70’of lots 11&12, Block 26, Original Subdivision.
FIRST PUBLIC HEARING CLOSES AND SECOND PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
- 5. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing regarding the Fiscal Year 2016-2017, Proposed Budget.
PUBLIC HEARING CLOSES AND THIRD PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
- 6. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing to consider an ordinance regarding Curfew Hours for Minors, which is reviewed by Seymour Police Chief Griffin, every 3 years.
PUBLIC HEARING(S) CLOSE AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action to approve re-zoning request from Ralph Sullivan on property described as 201 W. Ingram Street.
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No.1426 , adopting the Fiscal Year 2016-2017, City of Seymour Budget, by conducting a formal ‘voice vote’, of the resolution.
- 9. Discuss, consider and take action adopting Ordinance 2016-09, establishing the ad valorem levy tax rate for the City of Seymour, for Fiscal Year 2016-2017 at .40598/per $100 dollar valuation, which is higher than the effective tax rate of .39095/per $100, and representing a levy of .40598/$100 for Operations and Maintenance, by conducting a formal ‘voice vote’, of the ordinance.
- 10. Discuss, consider and take action to adopt Ordinance 2016-10, Curfew Hours for Minors and defining terms and creating hours of curfew for minors.
- 11. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No.1427 , designating the BAYLOR COUNTY BANNER as the official newspaper for legal notices and announcements for the City of Seymour, Texas, as required by State Law, for the year beginning October 1, 2016 and ending September 30, 2017.
- 12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual request by Seymour Chamber of Commerce during the 2016 Cruisin’ The Brazos Car Show and pay the cost of radio ad and two portable potties, in the amount of $323.00.
- 13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from Jim Martin, for property described as 602 S. Washington Street, in the amount of $1.00.
- 14. Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of August, 2016.Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- 15. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 380 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.072 Real Property: Deliberation regarding Salt Fork River Estates Complex Pool.Executive Session closes and Executive Session Two will begin
- 16. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 380 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.072 Real Property: Deliberation regarding lease agreement between the City of Seymour and Seymour Youth Baseball and Softball Association.Executive Session Two closes and Executive Session Three will begin
- 17. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 380 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.072 Real Property: Deliberation regarding property described as 410 N. Tackitt Street.Execution Sessions close and Regular meeting resumes
- 18. Take action from deliberation during Executive Session regarding Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
- 19. Take action from deliberation during Executive Session regarding Lease Agreement between the City of Seymour and Seymour Youth Baseball/Softball Association.
- 20. Take action from deliberation during Executive Session regarding property described as 410 N. Tackitt Street.
- 21. Adjournment
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda. I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted Monday, the 12th day of September, 2016, by 3:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
- Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC
- c.) Designate the week of October 8th, thru the 16th, as Fall Clean-Up Week,