September 17, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Sep 17, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve August 11, 2015, Regular Meeting Minutes, Special Called Meeting Minutes for August 18, 2015, August 25, 2015, September 1, 2015 and September 8, 2015.
- Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- lst National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List and SFRE Membership Reportc.) Designate the week of October 10th, thru the 18th, as Fall Clean-Up Week, official newspaper for legal notices and announcements for the City of Seymour, Texas, as for the City of Seymour, Texas.10. Discuss, consider and take action on bid received from Freeman Paving, for Chip Seal Project, 2015-01. Total bid price $38,458.00.11. Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid in August, 2015, excluding bills from Albert T. Hrncirik, Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc., and Les Hons.12. Discuss, consider and take action to approve August, 2015, bill paid to Albert Todd 17. Discuss, consider and take action to sponsor the Cruisin’ The Brazos Car Show, October 17, 2015, by paying for radio ad and port-o-potties, in the amount of $317.00.Regular meeting closes and Executive Session(s) will begin18. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel – regarding R.O. Plant position19. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.072; real property regarding Portwood Softball Field, located on the 900 block of N. Washington Street.Executive sessions close and Regular meeting resumes 20. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session. 21. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session.22. AdjournmentNote: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.
- I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted Monday, the 11th day of September, 2015, by 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
- items listed in this agenda.
- 16. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the City of Seymour and Helen Farabee Center (MHMR) agreement.
- 15. Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding mowing bid notice for assigned city properties.
- 14. Discuss, consider and take action to approve August, 2015, paid to Les Hons.
- 13. Discuss, consider and take action to approve August, 2015, bill paid to Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc.
- 9. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1405 for over/under 5K,
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action to adopt Ordinance 2015-04, establishing the ad valorem levy tax rate for the City of Seymour, for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 at .40598/per $100 dollar valuation, which, is higher than the effective tax rate of .401810/per $100, and representing a levy of .40598/$100 for Operations and Maintenance, by conducting a formal ‘voice vote’, of the Ordinance.
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1404, adopting a Budget for the City of Seymour, Texas, for the Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2015 and ends September 30, 2016, by conducting a formal ‘voice vote’, of the Resolution.
- required by State Law, for the year beginning October 1, 2015 and ending September 30, 2016.
- 6. Approve annual Resolution No. 1403, designating the BAYLOR COUNTY BANNER as the
- 5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1402, authorizing submission of an application to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for a 2016 Small Community Grant Program award to construct improvements in a new downtown pocket park in the City of Seymour.
- PUBLIC HEARING(S) CLOSE AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- 4. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance to establish the ad valorem levy tax rate for the City of Seymour for Fiscal Year 2015-2016, at .40598/per $100 dollar valuation, which is higher than the effective tax rate of .401810/per $100 and representing a levy of .40598 for Operations and Maintenance.
- 3. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a Resolution to adopt a budget for the City of Seymour, for Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2015 and ends September 30, 2016.
- 2. Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the City’s participation in the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Small Community Grant Program.
- REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND PUBLIC HEARING(S) BEGIN
- END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- per recommendation of Street Supervisor, Adam Sturgeon.