September 17, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Sep 16, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting on Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., at the City Hall Auditorium, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with eh Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.072 ( c) The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, as soon as possible in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions/and or Comments: Governor Abbott has suspended Public Comments/Questions, (Government Code Section 551.007), due to COVID -19, until further notice. No written public comments will be accepted either at this time, during this part of the agenda.
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve City of Seymour Meeting Minutes from August 18, 2020, August 20, 2020, September 1, 2020, September 8, 2020 and September 10, 2020.
b.) Accept REPORTS:
1. First Bank & Trust Financial Reports
2. Investment Report
3. Administration and Supervisor Written Reports
4. SFRC Membership Total & City of Seymour Employee List
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing (s) will begin
2. The City of Seymour will conduct a Second and Final Public Hearing regarding
an application submitting by Tiffany Varner, for Zoning Specific Use permit request
concerning Subdivision of Lot 12, Block G, of the Reiman 2ND Addition comprised of
.161 acres, located at 600 S. East Street, in Seymour. Texas.
3. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing regarding a requested easement/closing of alley at 705 Starlight Drive, also described as Lot 2, Block 8, Plants Addition in Seymour Texas. This request is by owner Debbie Boyd Archer.
4. The City of Seymour to conduct a Public Hearing regarding the Fiscal Year, 2020-2021, Proposed Budget for the City of Seymour.
5.The City of Seymour to conduct a Public Hearing to establish the ad valorem levy tax
rate for the City of Seymour Texas, for Fiscal Year 2020-2021. The Proposed Tax Rate
of 0.50141 per $100 value, which is higher than the No-New-Revenue Tax Rate of
0.46419, and the same as the Voter- Approval-Tax Rate of 0.50141.
Public hearings close and Regular meeting will resume
6. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding application received from Tiffany
Varner, at 600 S. East Street.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action approving Ordinance No. 2020-10, regarding a
requested easement/closing alley at 705 Starlight Drive, also described as Lot 2,
Block 8, Plants Addition, Seymour, Texas 76380.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1496, Personnel
Policy Manual for the City of Seymour, regarding Vacation hours; Changing hours from
80 roll over hours to 120 hours.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1498, adopting the
Fiscal Year 2020-2021, City of Seymour Budget and conduct a Formal Vote of the City
Council for said resolution.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action to adopt Ordinance No. 2020-11, establishing
the ad valorem tax rate for the City of Seymour, Fiscal Year 2019, at 0.50141/$100
valuation, which is higher than the No-New- Revenue Tax Rate of 0.46419, and the
same as the Voter-Approval Tax Rate of 0.50141. This tax rate represents the
Operation and Maintenance, by conducting a Formal Vote of the City Council for said
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding request from Housing Authority
Director, Jimmie Lee, to provide an apartment for police officer in exchange for waiver
on Transfer Station fees of $250 per month to the Housing Authority.
12. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1499 designating
the Baylor Co. BANNER, as the official newspaper for legal notices and announcements
for the City of Seymour, Texas, as required by State Law and Texas Local Government
13. Discuss and approve the City of Seymour Accounts Payable Bills paid in the month
of August 2020 in the amount of $531,559.74.
14. Discuss the Halloween event scheduled on Saturday, October 31, 2020. This
regards safety precautions, social distancing, etc., due to COVID-19.
15. Discuss and review Chapter 1, General Provisions, Chapter 2, Animal Control, and
Chapter 3, Building and Construction as presented by ED Director Lauren Bush.
16. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator on Police Department relocation
Feasibility Study, by Jacob and Martin LLC.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session begins
17. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to the Texas Local Gov.
Code, Section §551.074, Personnel: regarding Code Enforcement Position/Complaints.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes.
18. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session for Code
Note: Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session or go into
Executive Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, September 14, 2020, at 4:00 p.m.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary TRMC