September 18th – City Council Meeting Agenda
Sep 16, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Billy Henricks, will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor Pro-Tem, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve August 21, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes and Special Called Meeting Minutes for August 19, 2014, September 4, 2014 and September 8, 2014.
- Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in August, 2014.
- Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- lst National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List and SFRE Membership Report
- Seymour Police Department Reportd.) Designate the week of October 11th, thru the 19th, as Fall Clean-Up Week, END OF CONSENT AGENDA Statement, changing the percentage rate on said statement to read AS ABLE, regarding adopting Ordinance No. 2014-08.3. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider a Resolution to adopt a budget for the City of 4. Conduct a Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance to establish the ad valorem levy tax valuation, which is higher than the effective tax rate of .38605/per $100 and representing percentage rate on said statement to read AS ABLE, regarding Water Capital budget for the City of Seymour, Texas, for the Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2014 valorem levy tax rate for the City of Seymour, for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 at .38605/per $100, and representing a levy of .40598/$100 for Operations and for the City of Seymour, Texas. 9. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1391, a Resolution of the Directors to approve demolition procedures. 10. Discuss, consider and take action on quote received from Northrop Grumman, maintenance and cleaning at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, for a 12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received on September 8, 2014, for Street: Utility, Finance, Municipal Court, Economic Development, Conference Room, and ending September 30, 2015. Tamie Estrada $400.00 bi-weekly 13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding new quotes received from Clayton Miller on City Pool camera installation fees in the amount of $1,823.39. 15. Discuss and hear monthly report from Economic Dev. Director Lauren Bush. 16. Discuss, consider and take action regarding quotes received from Bartley Surveying Local Government Code under §551.074: Personnel Matters: To deliberate the of a public officer or employee. Personnel Matters: Economic Development Director Position.EXECUTIVE SESSION ENDS AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES 18. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session. 19. Adjournment items listed in this agenda. I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Tx, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted Monday, the 15th day of September, 2014, by 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
- Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.
- Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the
- appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal
- 17. An Executive Session closed to the public and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
- REGULAR MEETING WILL END AND EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BEGIN
- and Rivers Surveying , for surveying of lots located on FM 422.
- 14. Discuss, consider and take action regarding new quotes received from Clayton Miller on
- City Park camera installation fees in the amount of $2,754.19.
- Restrooms and Administrative offices, for a term of service beginning October 1, 2014
- maintenance and cleaning at the City of Seymour offices, located at 301 N. Washington
- George Donnell $395.00 per month Catlin Hons $400.00 per month
- term of service beginning October 1, 2014, and ending September 30, 2015.
- 11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received on September 8, 2014, for
- regarding City of Seymour utility handhelds in the amount of $18,540.00.
- City of Seymour, Texas, authorizing the Baylor County Appraisal District Board of
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1390 for over/under 5K,
- Maintenance by conducting a formal ‘voice vote’ of the Ordinance.
- .40598/per $100 dollar valuation, which, is higher than the effective tax rate of
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action to adopt Ordinance 2014-09, establishing the ad
- and ends September 30, 2015.
- 6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1389, adopting a
- Improvement Funds.
- 5. Discuss, consider and take action by adopting Ordinance No. 2014-08, changing the
- PUBLIC HEARINGS END AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- a levy of .40598 for Operations and Maintenance.
- rate for the City of Seymour for Fiscal Year 2014-2015, at .40598/per $100 dollar
- Seymour, for Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2014 and ends September 30, 2015.
- Water Capital Improvement Funds, and replacing the 13% as originally set and
- 2. Conduct a Public Hearing to amend Ordinance No. 2014-03, Section 3, Policy
- REGULAR MEETING RECESSES – PUBLIC HEARINGS BEGIN
- e.) Approve annual Resolution No. 1388, designating the BAYLOR COUNTY BANNER as the official newspaper for legal notices and announcements for the City of Seymour, Texas, as required by State Law, for the year beginning October 1, 2014 and ending September 30, 2015.
- per recommendation of Street Supervisor, Adam Sturgeon.