September 21, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Sep 21, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Josh Sosolik
Proclamation: Seymour Ministerial Alliance Month
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve Regular City Council meeting minutes for August 24, 2017, and Special City Council meeting minutes for August 21, 2017 and September 7, 2017.
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First Bank & Trust Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List and SFRE Membership Report
4. Written reports from City Administrator and Supervisors
c.) Designate the week of October 14th, thru the 21ST, as Fall Clean-Up Week,
per recommendation of Street Supervisor, Adam Sturgeon.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Roof Bids received for City Hall, at 301 N. Washington Street from the following:
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $33,580.00
National Coating Contractors $24,529.50
Miller Enterprises $42,581.00
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Roof Bids received for Seymour Police Department, 102 W. California Street from the following:
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $23,972.00
National Coating Contractors $31,674.00
Miller Enterprises $29,400.00
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Roof Bids received for Salt Fork River Estates Complex, 728 US Hwy 283 South, from the following:
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $30,000.00
Miller Enterprises $33,150.00
5. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Roof Bids received for Seymour Volunteer Fire Station, 319 N. Washington Street, from the following:
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $29,900.00
National Coating Contractors $30,882.50
Miller Enterprises $39,375.00
6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of August, 2017.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the expenditure adjustment for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018, City of Seymour Budget.
8. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1451, a resolution regarding Seymour Municipal Airport Improvements and Identifying Agents responsible for such improvements.
9. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1452, a resolution to establish a Chapter 380, Economic Development Program in the City of Seymour.
10. Discuss, consider and take action to add ‘Destination Marketing Coordinator’ to the Economic Development job description.
11. Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report .
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
12. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.072; Real property located on Lot at E. Lincoln and BU 183
Executive Session closes and second Executive Session will begin
13. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §380.001; Economic Development Programs
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
14. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session One.
15. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session Two.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted Monday, the 18th day of September, 2017, by 3:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC ¬¬¬¬¬