September 24, 2015 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Oct 20, 2015
SPECIAL CALLED COUNCIL MEETING
SEPTEMBER 24, 2015
A Special Called Meeting of City Council was held on Thursday, September 24, 2015, at 6:30 p.m. at 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Art & Civic Center, Seymour, Texas.
Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will call the meeting to order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance at 6:30 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis, Council members Les Hons, David Horton, Jon Hrncirik, Greg Shumate and MPT Monty Glass.
Counsel present: City Attorney Cindy Ayres
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Finance Director Mary Griffin.
Guest(s) Ken Martin, Allen Phillips and Tommy Holub
- Discuss and hear proposal regarding selenium issue, from Jacob & Martin, Inc.
The purpose of this meeting was to receive information on improvements for the R.O. Plant due to the ongoing Selenium issue.
Mr. Ken Martin, along with Allen Phillips presented to Mayor and City Council a project scope which included the design, construction, and funding of the following system elements:
1.) Recycler System
- Capacity – 200,000 gpd
- Anticipated Feed Rate- 80,000 gpd
- Anticipated Recovery – 60% (48,000 gpd)
2.) Evaporation Pond
- Size 11.4 acres
- Disposal Capacity – 32,000 gpd
3.) Necessary SCADA implementation, site work, piping, etc.
4.) Project includes Major Permit Amendment through TCEQ as well as Resident Project Inspection, and all required surveying and testing
5.) Replacement of existing membranes
Estimated project cost shown in March 27, 2015 Compliance Report
Total project – $2,500,000
Membrane Replacement – $500,000 and total project cost would be around $3,000,000
Mr. Ken Martin also informed the Mayor and City Council that the financing could be acquired through the Texas Water Development Board- D Fund Program. This 100% loan program funds projects for 30 years and can be applied for at any time throughout the calendar year. Estimated interest rates would be at 4.4% with a commitment date of January 2016 and closing date of March 2016.
No action was taken at this time.
- Discuss, and hear proposal regarding selenium issue, from Norm Bangle with Primoris/H2° Solutions.
Mr. Norm Bangle was not able to attend the meeting.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION BEGINS AT 7:22 P.M.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.071, Consultation with attorney: Regarding selenium proposals.
EXECUTIVE SESSION CLOSES AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES AT 8:00 P.M.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the two proposals presented to City of Seymour.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Les Hons, to accept the proposal presented by Jacob and Martin, Inc. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and possibly approve Resolution No. 1406, authorizing application for financial assistance from the Texas Water Development Board; designating certain consultants; and making certain findings in connection therewith.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Greg Shumate to approve Resolution No. 1406, submitting an application to the TWDB. Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion made to adjournment at 8:03 p.m., by MPT Glass and a second by Council member Les Hons. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 15TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 2015.
MAYOR NAN GILBERT-MATHIS
CONCHITA TORREZ, CITY SEC. TRMC