We may be used to feeding the birds here, just due to the fact we are a rural community, but there are opportunities to teach, learn, and enjoy our local nature that can go into participating in this nationally recognized month’s activity.
1. Visit the Library and check out a book about wild birds.
2. Visit your local feed stores and learn more about the kinds a feeds available.
3. Don’t forget the SEED!! Buying local helps grow our economy. This is a great time for parents or guardians to explain to children the importance of spending their money at home!
4. Throw out seed or create a vessel for your bird seed. Visit the local hardware stores for supplies.
5. Sit back and enjoy the beauty of nature as birds of all feathers and flight visit your feeding station!