February 27, 2014 Agenda
Feb 25, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve Thursday, January 16th, Regular Called Meeting Minutes and Special Called Meeting Minutes for February 6, 2014.
b.) Approve City Council Report for City bills paid in January, 2014.
c.) Accept REPORTS
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First National Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
d.) Approve the General Election Order for Saturday, May 10, 2014, for the City of Seymour City Council Positions; Council Member Place #1, Councilmember Place #3, and Councilmember Place # 5, for a Two Year Term.
**Aprobar la Orden de Eleccion General para el Sabado, 10 de Mayo, 2014 para las posiciones del Consejal Lugar #1, Consejal lugar #3, y Consejal lugar #5.
e.) Approve Resolution No. 1378, to appoint Election Judges and Clerks for Saturday, May 10, 2014, City of Seymour General Election.
**Aprueban Resolucion para designer a los Jueces de la Eleccion y Secretarios para Sabado, 10 de Mayo, 2014, Elecciones Generals de la Cuidad de Seymour.
f.) Authorize City Staff to advertise for “City Wide Spring Clean up Week “to be held Saturday, April 5th through Sunday, April 13th, 2014.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss and hear monthly report from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding guidelines for filming in Seymour, Texas, to become a Film Friendly Town, presented by Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
4. Discuss and hear presentation provided by Rick Garcia, Water Production Supervisor, regarding water situation.
5. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received for property described as 811 N. Tackitt Street, Lot 24, Block 6, McLain Addition, in the amount of $300 from Minerva S. Hernandez.
6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received for property described as 405 E. Lincoln Street, East ½ of Lot 6, Block E 2nd, Reiman Addition, in the amount of $250 from Amanda Arciniega.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received for property described as 909 N. East Street, South 40’of lot 4-5, Block 1, Frank Brown Addition, in the amount of $360 from Joey Sturgeon.
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as 705 N. Stratton Street, Lot 16, South ½ of 17 Block 5, McLain Addition.
Joel Lee $1,000.00 Cody Mac Holub $1,000.00
9. Discuss , consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as
1010 N. Browning Street, Lot 7, Block 9, Bennett Addition.
Klifton Moline $200.00 Cody Mac Holub $200.00
10. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as 401 S. Donald Street, North 70’of lot 1, Block Q, Miller Addition.
Susan Lee $1,001.00 Jacob Willden $1,500.00
11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as 900 N. Stratton Street, Lot 9-12, Block 4, Frank Brown Addition.
Jacob Willden $750.00 Robert Elliott $750.00
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received for property described as 205 W. McLain Street, Lot 6 & 24, Block 23, Original Townsite, in the amount of $550 from Jacob Willden.
13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as 411 E. Custer Street, Lot 1, Block 3, Frank Brown Addition.
Cody Mac Holub $200.00 Jacob Willden $250.00 Klifton Moline $200.00
14. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for property described as Abstract 430, Survey 117, T & NO.
Wayne Cooksey $302.00 Klifton Moline $200.00
Jacob Willden $250.00 Tim Orsak $75.00
15. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1379, a grant resolution for the Seymour Police Department to upgrade or replace equipment.
16. Discuss, consider and take action by repealing Ordinance No. 2011-04, Section XII-(D) changing vaccination fees from $15 to $20, (E) changing adoption fees from $30 to $35, (I) changing private kennel fee from $10 to $15 and Section XVIII (D) (1)raising adoption fee from $10 to $15 and adopting Ordinance No. 2014-01, and providing for its enforcement.
17. Discuss, consider and take action regarding guideline fees for demolition purposes.
18. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the approval of cleanup and demolition of vacant properties listed as follows: 603 E. Reiman Street, 304 S. Stratton Street, 509 E. Miller Street, 510 S. Stratton Street, 305 ½ E. Miller Street, 1200 N. Browning Street, 302 N. Tackitt Street, 501 E. Campbell aka as 1000 N. Stratton Street and 811 N. Tackitt Street, due to the danger and conditions of the structure.
Remove tabled agenda items #19-21, from January 16, 2014 Council Meeting.
19. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from Tim Verver on property described as:401 S. Donald Street, N 70’, Lot 1, Block Q, Miller Addition, in the amount of
20. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from William Kehl Jr., on property described as: 209 Stratton Street, Lots 11-12, Block 2, Reiman Addition, for the amount of $300.00.
21. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid received from William Kehl Jr., on property described as: 305 N. Foley Street, N ½ , Lot of 8, Lot 9, Block 36, Morris Addition, in the amount of $50.00.
22. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1380, a resolution that allows the Baylor County Appraisal District Board the authority to accept or reject delinquent properties. Stipulations in this resolution will be that any individual who has delinquent taxes will not be allowed to bid on properties until all debt is cleared.
REGULAR MEETING ENDS AND EXECUTIVE SESSION BEGINS.
23. Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074, Personnel Matters: General discussion regarding service with Knox Waste Service per City Administrator John Studer.
EXECUTIVE SESSION ENDS AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES.
24. Take action if any, resulting from deliberations during Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this Monday, February 24, 2014 at 4:00 p.m., 72 hours
proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.