January 12, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jan 11, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve the December 17, 2015, Regular Meeting Minutes.
(b.) Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ Salt Fork membership report
(c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
End of Consent Agenda
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resolution No. 1409, Resolution adopting 457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Hear report from the following supervisors: Administration, Finance, Police Dept., Water/Sewer/RO, Electric, Emergency Management, Street/ Park, Salt Fork/Pool and Economic Development.
- Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for the 2015-2016 Fiscal Year.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2015, for the City of Seymour.
- Discuss, consider and take action to grant a parking variance to Shopko, at their site location.
- Discuss, consider and take action to remove tabled agenda items from the December 17, 2015, Regular meeting. (Agenda items #8 and agenda item #10)
- Discuss, consider and take action to appoint a Planning & Zoning Committee, for a two year term.
- Appointment of Committee by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis to the following members:
Bill Culver, Donald G. Coltharp, Theresa Moore, Mary K. Fair and Glenn Vickers.
- Discuss, consider and seek direction from City Council, regarding property described as 114 N. Washington Street, Lot 5, Block 6, Original Town. City Administrator will give an update.
- Discuss, consider and change February Council meeting from February 18, 2016, to February 11, 2016, due to Election Statutory deadlines.
- Discuss, consider and take action to proceed with grant application for music and theater equipment for the Whiteside Center for Performing Arts.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session (s) begins
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under § 380.001- Economic Development Programs- Business Incentives
Executive Session one closes and two begins
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.071- Consultation with Attorney regarding Selenium Issues
Executive Session two closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Take action from deliberations regarding executive session one.
- Take action from deliberations regarding executive session two.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Friday, January 8, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC