January 15, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jan 14, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve the December 18, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes.
(b.) Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ Salt Fork membership report
- Monthly Police report
(c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- 2. Hear report from the following department supervisors: SFREC, Reverse Osmosis, Electric, Water/Sewer, Street, Economic Development and Administrative.
- Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resolution No. 1395, allowing the Police Department to submit a grant application for Technology and Equipment Enhancement Project, Grant No. 2862301.
- Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year.
- Discuss, consider and take action on information received from Seymour Arts and Enrichment Council member, Donna Fest, regarding Seymour Junior Golf Association.
- Discuss, consider and take action on bids received regarding the performance of a Pole Audit.
Tech Serv. Consulting & Training, LTD. $15,896.00
Osmose Communications Services $170,853.99
- Discuss, consider and take action on bid received for electric shop roof replacement.
Jim’s Construction $12,500.00
- Discuss, consider and take action on quotes received for asbestos removal from electric department shop.
AML Environmental L.L.C. $10,600.00. ZAC Corp $ 21,000.00
AOC Environmental, Inc. $15,941.25
- Discuss, consider and give City Staff direction regarding Salt Fork Golf Complex information from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush and City Administrator Steven Biedermann.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received for the Veterinary Clinic to be established on the Wichita Falls Highway.
- Discuss and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in December, 2014, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik, David Horton, Snyder Construction and Steel Sales, and Snyder Steel Outfitters.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2014, from Albert T. Hrncirik.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2014, from David Horton.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2014, from Snyder Steels and Sales.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2014, from Snyder Steel Outfitters.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel Matter; Information to discuss or deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. SFREC Supervisor Position
Executive Session one closes and Executive Session two will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel Matter; Information to discuss or deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. Emergency Management Coordinator Position
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session one.
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session two.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 12TH day of January, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC