January 6, 2021 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Apr 20, 2021
SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
JANUARY 6, 2021
A Special Called Meeting of City Council was held on Wednesday, January 6,
2021, at 6:00 p.m., 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Art & Civic Center in Seymour Texas 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik at 6:00 p.m.
Council Present: Mayor Jon Hrncirik, Mayor Pro-Tem Monty Glass, Council Member Brian Broome, Council Member Brenda Miller, and Council Member Mary K. Fair.
Council Absent: Council Member Lan Winn
Counsel Present: No Counsel was present at this meeting.
City Staff Present: City Secretary Conchita Torrez, ED Director Lauren Bush, Water/Sewer Supervisor Robert Torrez, R.O. Attendee John Davis, Finance Director Mary Griffin and Seymour Police Officer Paul Davis.
Guest(s): Grant & Sarah Elliott, Mark McCord and Charlie Rose
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing begins at 6:03 p.m.
1. The City of Seymour City Council to hold the First Public Hearing regarding the new proposed City of Seymour Electric rates as proposed by Steve Moffitt with Schneider Engineering.
First Public Hearing regarding the new electric rates will become effective on the February 8, 2021, Utility Bill. Customers should see a 20% decrease with our new electric providers Lower River Colorado Authority (LCRA). A copy of the new ordinance provided the information that customers could review. Council Member Mary K. Fair also read the rate information that was provided by Steve Moffitt, with Schneider Engineering. Visitors had no questions or comments regarding this meeting .
Public Hearing closes and Regular Meeting resumed at 6:08 p.m.
2. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding a Letter of Agreement for Legal Services for the City of Seymour to contract with Taylor, Olson, Adkins, Sralla and Elam, Attorneys & Counselors.
The City of Seymour was seeking the assistance for legal services and requested the service of Taylor, Olson, Adkins, Sralla and Elam out of Fort Worth area. Motion by MPT Monty Glass, seconded by Council Member Brian Broome , approving the assistance of Taylor, Olson, Adkins, Sralla and Elam and motion passes 4/0.
At this time Mayor Hrncirik changed the order of the meeting and asked that we go into Executive Session regarding Finance Department.
6. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074; Personnel Matters; Finance Department. Executive Session begins at 6:09 p.m., and closes at 6:33 p.m.
9. Take action if any, resulting from deliberation during Executive Session, Finance Department. No action was taken on this Executive Session.
Executive Session regarding Reverse Osmosis Plant Attendee Position was moved from the order as well by Mayor Hrncirik.
5. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074 Personnel Matters; Reverse Osmosis Plant Attendee Position. Executive Session begins at 6:34 p.m. and closes at 7:46 p.m.
8. Take action if any, resulting from deliberation during Executive Session, Reverse Osmosis Attendee Department.
Motion made by Council Member Brian Broome, seconded by MPT Monty Glass, to place an ad in the BANNER for three weeks to hire an additional employee at the R.O. Plant. Also, John Davis is to attend the January 21, 2021 Regular City Council meeting. Motion passed 4/0.
4. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074, Personnel Matters; Transfer Station Attendee Position.
Meeting begins at 7:46 p.m. and closes at 8:02 p.m.
7. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session, Transfer Station Attendee Department.
City Secretary discussed in the absence of Transfer Station Attendee or Street Supervisor Shawn Sanchez information regarding an SOP that was adopted and approved back on August 31, 2010. According to our records, the Transfer Station is to operate between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Tuesday – Saturday. There are no exceptions to this SOP, unless the City is willing to pay for paperwork to be changed. City Council chose to ;eave hours as is.
Motion was made by Council Member Brian Broome, seconded by MPT Monty Glass to leave hours as stated beginning February 2, 2021. Motion carried 4/0.
Executive Sessions close and Regular meeting resumes
3. Discuss and give direction to City Staff regarding Republic Services.
ED Director Lauren Bush explained to Mayor and City Council that complaints were coming in regarding missing rollouts and citizen’s trash not being picked up as scheduled. Republic Services took over December 1, 2020 and transitions were still very much being made. According to the Mr. Spano, everything would remain the same as when KWS provided service. Council felt that Republic Services needed to provide the city with sound dates and times on when things would be taken care of. ED Director Lauren Bush was given direction to send a First Notice of Letter, per contract as previously stated in Item #15. City Council would re-evaluate this concern at the February 18, Regular City Council meeting. Motion made by Council Member Mary K. Fair, seconded by MPT Monty Glass, to proceed forward with letter to Republic Services Joe Spano regarding rollout and pickup schedule clarification. Motion carried 4/0
ADDENDUM TO AGENDA
The following items are hereby added to the previously posted agenda for the Special Called City Council meeting on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action approving Resolution No. 1501, Budget Adjustment for Fiscal Year 2019-2020, Airport & Capital Outlay.
Finance Director explained that this Budge Adjustment was overlooked and would need to be added to the 2019-2020 Budget. This would increase the current Budget as well. Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, seconded by Council Member Brian Broome, to approve Resolution No. 1501, Airport & Capital Outlay Budget Adjustment. Motion carried 4/0.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action approving additional cost, due to a Mandatory Single Audit for Grant Funds exceeding $750,000.00 in the Fiscal Year 2019-2020. Motion made by Council Member Mary K. Fair, seconded by MPT Monty Glass, to approve additional cost of $10,000.00 to be paid to Eide Bailly for Single Audit. Motion carried 4/0.
12. Adjournment made by MPT Monty Glass at 8:59 p.m. and seconded by Council Member Brian Broome. Motion carried 4/0.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 18TH DAY OF FEBRUARY 2021.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik
City Secretary Conchita Torrez, TRMC