July 19, 2018 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 16, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor Pro-Tem:(At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/ or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by Mayor Pro-Tem, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- A) Approve Thursday, June 21, 2018, Regular Meeting Minutes and Town Hall Minutes for July 3, 2018.
- B) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust Bank Account Summary Report
- Employee & Salt Fork Membership Report
- Written reports from City Administrator and Supervisors
- C) Accept and approve the City of Seymour Quarter 3 Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, hear presentation from Steve Moffitt, with Schneider Engineering. Council will give Steve Moffit and City Administrator Steve Biedermann direction.
- Discuss and hear presentation from Emergency Management Coordinator John Hostas, regarding Emergency Mitigation Planning.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the City of Seymour to participate as a full time participant or a stakeholder, with the Disaster Mitigation Plan.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- A Public Hearing regarding the repealing of Ordinance No. 97-4, regarding the restriction of use of streets located within the City of Seymour, Texas by trucks having a payload rating of more than 5,000 pounds.
Public Hearing closes and Regular Meeting will resume
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2018-05, restriction of truck payload rating of more than 5,000 pounds, and repealing all existing ordinances.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the one or two year agreement between the City of Seymour and Helen Farabee Center.
- 8. Discuss, review, and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann regarding Water and Sewer Ordinance 2016-06.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1467, amending Operating Budget 2017-2018. A one-time budget adjustment regarding Seymour Police Department.
This budget adjustment is for Animal Control/Code Enforcement use in the amount of $11,928.00
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the August 16, 2018, Regular Council Meeting, to August 23, 2018.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of June, 2018.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Level Report as presented by R.O. Plant Supervisor Jason Bench.
- Discuss, consider and take action to appoint three (3) appointees to the City of Seymour Electrical Board.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding the possibility of City of Seymour taking debit/credit cards.
- 15. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Stop Sign request at corner of 11th Street and N. Cedar Street due to speeding traffic.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1468, amending Operating Budget 2017-2018. A one-time budget adjustment regarding Administrative Department.
This budget adjustment is for the purchase of two (2) wireless operation scoreboards for the Portwood Softball/Baseball Fields, in the amount of $6,058.00.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Staff regarding Resolution No. 1342, Purchasing Policy for the City of Seymour.
- 18. Discuss, consider and take action regarding grinding of brush pile at Seymour Transfer Station, per direction of TCEQ.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin.
- 19. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel matters-Police Officer Charles Landers and employment transfer.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting will resume
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, July 16, 2018 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC