June 20, 2019 – City Council Meeting Minutes
Jul 31, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
JUNE 20, 2019
A Regular City Council Meeting was held on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik at 7:00 p.m.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik to administer Statement of Elected Officer and Oath of Office to Brian Broome for City Council Place #3, a one year un-expired term.
Mayor Hrncirik welcomed Brian Broome to City Council and Mr. Broome took his respective place.
Council present: Mayor Jon Hrncirik, MPT Monty Glass, Lan Winn, Mary K. Fair, Brian Broome and Paula K. Vaden.
Counsel present: Jonathan Whitsitt, City Attorney was present at this meeting.
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Finance Director Mary Griffin, Part-time Accounts Payable Deanna Thetford, Street Supervisor Shawn Sanchez, SFREC Supervisor Todd Hrncirik and SFREC Groundskeeper Blake McNeill.
Guest (s): Matt Gwinn, Marla Thompson, Josh Constancio, Billy Wyatt, Misty Broome, Joe Dickson and Nick Wiles.
Announcements from the Mayor: No announcements from the Mayor at this meeting.
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: No one had any questions/comments.
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
- a) Approve meeting minutes from May 23, 2019 and June 4, 2019.
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust account report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
- Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn, to approve the consent agenda as presented. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of May, 2019.
After reviewing the City of Seymour bills, a motion was made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to approve the bills paid in the month of May, 2019. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Levels Report as presented by City Administrator Steve Biedermann.
City Administrator Steve Biedermann stated that the wells were in very good shape due to all the rain we have experienced in the last few months. No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the purchase of microphones for the City Council to use at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, during City Council meetings.
Mayor Hrncirik and City Council would like to purchase some wireless microphones for the Portwood Pavilion, to use during their meetings.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn, to allow Mayor Hrncirik, to inquire and receive quotes on microphones. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding an update on credit card information and giving City Administrator Steve Biedermann direction, regarding this agenda item.
No motion was taken on this agenda item. Mary Griffin was asked to get in touch with Brian Cooke and find out when he would be able to attend a meeting and give more information to the Mayor and City Council.
At this time, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, asked the Mayor if he would allow agenda item #11 to be discussed next, as our guest were from out of town. Mayor Hrncirik agreed.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a Tower Access Agreement, between the City of Seymour and AMA Communications, LLC.
AMA Communications, LLC, is interested in providing service in the Seymour area. After hearing from Mr. Josh Constancio, on what their company offers, a motion was entertained. Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Brian Broome, to sign a Tower Access Agreement, between the City of Seymour and AMA Communications. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the increase of water tokens from 10 to 30 a week. Upon discussing this agenda item and due to the amount of rain we have had, City Council decided to not set an amount of tokens a customer may purchase.
Motion made by Council member Brian Broome, second by MPT Monty Glass, to allow a customer to buy an unlimited amount of tokens. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding CPA Bid notice.
Mary Griffin, Finance Director, advised the Mayor and City Council that the City had received one bid from Eide Bailly. It was reviewed during the meeting.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn, to accept bid from Eide Bailly, for CPA services for the City of Seymour. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and give direction regarding a name change for Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
The Mayor and City Council have expressed an interest in changing the name of our golf complex. They would like for the public to get involved in the name change. They are asking that anyone who has a name idea, please write it down along with your name and forward to the City of Seymour, by doing one of the following:
- Email to email@example.com
- Place in the City of Seymour drop box on the North side of the building.
- Bring in person to City Hall at 301 N. Washington Street.
Deadline to submit a name change will be on Friday, July 19, 2019 by 12 Noon. No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Hall cleaning bids received from the following:
Marlen Rodriguez $350.00 monthly
Mary Moore $600.00 monthly
Ashley Ross $325.00 bi-weekly
Catlin Donnell $700.00 monthly
Julie Daniel $600.00 monthly
Vickie Clower $975.00 monthly
Council reviewed the bids received for the cleaning at City Hall.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Paula K. Vaden, to accept bid from Ashley Ross, for the amount of $325.00 bi—weekly. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the City of Seymour City Council Standards of Conduct Code.
Due to some discrepancies, this agenda item will be presented at the next Council meeting.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Plainview Road repairs, with Street Supervisor Shawn Sanchez.
Shawn Sanchez, Street Supervisor for the City of Seymour, advised the Mayor and City Council that he and his crew had a plan already for the repairs that are much needed on Plainview Road. Council understood that due to all the rain we have received, the work has been delayed. Shawn assured them that it would begin very soon. Council understood.
No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the July 18, 2019, to July 25, 2019, in order for City Council to attend a TML Region 5 Meeting in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn, to change the July 18, 2019, meeting to July 25, 2019. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1482, a budget transfer for major improvements from other line items to increase SFREC line item budget for improvements.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Lan Winn, to approve Resolution No. 1482, to make budget adjustments to increase SFREC line items for improvements. Motion passed unanimously.
At this time our regular meeting ends, and Mayor Hrncirik calls for a recess at 8:19 p.m.
Recess ends at 8:33 p.m., and Executive Session begins at 8:43 p.m.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Local Government Code 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel regarding Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes at 9:52 p.m.
- Take action regarding deliberation from executive session.
No action was taken on this agenda item.
- Adjournment of meeting by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Brian Broome, at 9:54 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 25TH DAY OF JULY, 2019.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC