March 17, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Mar 14, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Session on, Thursday, March 17, 2016 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are
generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may
request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate
discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
- Approve February 11, 2016 Regular meeting minutes (b) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary(c ) Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total END OF CONSENT AGENDA2. Discuss and hear monthly supervisor reports from the following departments: Election scheduled for May 7, 2016, for Council Place No. 1, 3 and 5. 11. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1415, a resolution canceling the Special City to place a $100 deposit for a Home & Garden Booth for February 2017.13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding future upgrades to The Salt Fork River Estates Budget 2015-2016, reducing administration’s vehicle line item by $4,500.00 and move to the incentives through Seymour Economic Development. 16. Discuss, consider and take action regarding property located at 505 N. Stratton Street.17. Discuss, consider and take action regarding property located at 410 N. Tackitt Street.18. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann and Street Supervisor R-1 Aggregate Chip Spreader 12’. 19. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resignation letter from Mary K. Fair, Pocket Park Project. Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin21. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local listed in this agenda. the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the officialconvenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this
- Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, T.R.M.C.
- Monday, March 14, 2016 at 3:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
- posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas a place of
- I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of
- Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items
- 23. Adjournment
- 22. Take action from deliberations regarding Executive Session; Real property.
- Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Government Code under §551.072, – Real Property; Shopko/Easement Update.
- 20. Discuss, consider and take action by giving direction to EDD Lauren Bush, regarding the
- Planning and Zoning Committee, effective immediately.
- Adam Sturgeon, regarding the purchase of a 12’ Operator Platform R-1 Chip Spreader and a
- 15. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1417, a Resolution to provide Business
- Fire Department’s line item to allow the purchase of Jaws of Life equipment.
- 14. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1416, a Resolution amending Fiscal Year
- Complex, presented by Todd Hrncirik, Lauren Bush and City Administrator Steve Biedermann.
- 12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from EDD Lauren Bush, to allow
- Election scheduled for May 7, 2016, for Council Place No. 4, a one year un-expired term.
- 10. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1414, a resolution canceling the Regular City
- 9. Discuss, consider and approve the Order of Cancellation for the City of Seymour Special Election, May 7, 2016. Council Place No. 4, vacancy to fill an un-expired one year term.
- 8. Discuss, consider and approve the Order of Cancellation for the City of Seymour General Election, for May 7, 2016, Council Place No. 1, 3 and 5.
- 7. Discuss, consider and accept the Certification of Unopposed Candidates for the City of Seymour Special Election, scheduled for May 7, 2016, for Council Place No. 4, vacancy to fill an un-expired one year term.
- 6. Discuss, consider and accept the Certification of Unopposed Candidates for the City of Seymour General Election, scheduled for May 7, 2016, for unopposed Council Place No. 1, 3 and 5.
- 5. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1413, a resolution approving the submission of a grant application to the Criminal Justice Division by the Seymour Police Department for 2016 Fiscal Year and designating John M. Griffin, as the authorized official.
- 4. Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding Children at Play sign, a request made by Paula Vaden.
- 3. Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in February, 2016.
- Administration, Finance, Police Department, Economic Development, Electric, Water, Sewer & RO, Street & Park, Salt Fork & Pool and Emergency Management.