March 20, 2014 – City Council Agenda
Mar 18, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Seymour shall meet in a Regular Session on, Thursday, March 20, 2014 to be held at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c).
CALL TO ORDER/ ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS: ( At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are
generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may
request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate
discussion and action.)
- 1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve meeting minutes from Thursday, February 27, 2014 and Special Called meeting minutes from Monday, March 10, 2014.
(b.) Approve the Accounts Payable Report for the month of Feb. 2014.
(c.) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank – Account Summary Report
- Employee List and Salt Fork Membership Total
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING ENDS AND PUBLIC HEARING BEGINS
2. A Public Hearing regarding the rules and regulations in connection with The City of Seymour Electric Service, adopting Ordinance 2014-02 and repealing Ordinance No. 99-11 in its entirety.
PUBLIC HEARING ENDS AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the repealing of Ordinance No. 99-11 in its entirety and adopting Ordinance 2014-02, fixing and prescribing rates to be charged and fees to be adopted for electric service. Providing penalties for violation thereof, and providing for an effective date. Noting that Exhibit A and Exhibit B also be enclosed in said ordinance.
4. Discuss, consider and take action by approving Resolution No. 1381, the City of Seymour Personnel Policy Manuel and repealing Resolution No. 1346 in its entirety.
5. Discuss, consider and take action regarding sponsorship for Relay for Life in the amount of $500.00.
6. Discuss and consider adopting a Safety Policy for the City of Seymour as presented by
Safety Coordinator Adam Sturgeon, Street Supervisor.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Scout Master Dennis Davis, to
allow Boy Scout Troop #71 to host a golf tournament Saturday, April 19, 2014.
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Interlocal Agreement between the City of
Seymour and Baylor County for the Lease of Election Equipment, for the 2014 General
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote/or to act in open session upon each of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of
the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official
posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas a place of
convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this
Monday, March 17, 2014 at 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary , T.R.M.C.