October 15, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Oct 13, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, October 15, 2015, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATION: Czech Heritage Month
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for September 17, 2015 and Special Called Meeting Minutes for Monday, September 24, 2015.
- Accept REPORTS 2. First National Bank accounts report summary Quarter 4 Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers. d.) Discuss and take action regarding the annual contract between The Baylor County Appraisal District and City of Seymour, for Assessment and Collection Services of the Baylor County Appraisal District, beginning January 1, 2016 and ending December 31, 2016. END OF CONSENT AGENDA Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC
- I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 12th day of October, 2015 at 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
- Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
- 18. Adjournment
- 17. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session three.
- 16. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session two.
- 15. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session one.
- Executive Sessions end and Regular Meeting resumes
- 14. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel- City Attorney contract renewal
- Executive Session two closes and Executive Session three will begin
- 13. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel- regarding Sick Leave Incentive
- Executive Session one closes and Executive Session two will begin
- 12. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel- regarding R.O. status
- Regular meeting closes and Execution(s) will begin
- 11. Discuss and take action regarding the City of Seymour and MHMR Contract adding an Indemnity Clause as requested by City Attorney, Cindy Ayres.
- 10. Discuss and give direction to Finance Director Mary Griffin regarding expense distribution changes for F/Y 2015-2016.
- 9. Discuss, consider and give direction to Electric Department Supervisor, regarding purchase of electric vehicle.
- 8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour’s sponsorship for the Firemen’s Appreciation Dinner set for November 2, 2015, in the amount of $435.00.
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding contract for maintenance and cleaning between City of Seymour and Janet Eavenson, for a term of service to begin November 1, 2015 and ending October 31, 2016, at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street.
- 6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding contract for maintenance and cleaning, between City of Seymour and Tamie Estrada, for a term of service to begin November 1, 2015 and ending October 31, 2016. Offices located at 301 N. Washington Street.
- 5. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2015, from Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc.
- 4. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2015, from Albert Todd Hrncirik.
- 3. Approve City Council report for City Bills paid in September, 2015, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik and Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc.
- *Conflict of Interest forms have been signed by Council member Jon Hrncirik and David Horton regarding agenda item # 4-5.
- 2. Discuss and hear monthly presentation from department supervisors: Administration, Electric, Water/Sewer/ R.O., Finance, Police Department, Street, Emergency Management, SFREC/Park and EDD.
- c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Fiscal Year 2014-2015,
- 3. Employee List & SFRE Membership List
- 1. Monthly Investment Report