Turning On/Off Services
The City of Seymour provides electric, water, and garbage services to residents inside the city limits.
Turning On Services
Services can only be turned on in the present applicant’s name. Applicant must present a valid Driver’s License or ID, be of at least 18 years of age, and have no outstanding debt with the City of Seymour. If there is an outstanding debt, that debt must be paid in full to turn on services. Under no circumstances can utilities be turned on in another person’s name. Utility deposits must be paid by cash or check at time of turn on.
- Residential electric customers deposit will be $200 minimum, providing that customer does not owe a past due bill, otherwise, it will be at the discretion of the City Administrator or City Secretary on how much the deposit will be and a $25 connect fee.
- Residential Water customers deposit will be $75 minimum, providing that customer does not owe a past due bill, otherwise, it will be at the discretion of the City Administrator or City Secretary on how much the deposit will and a $25 connect fee.
Total deposits & Connect Fees = $325.00
- A valid current (within the previous 12 months) letter of credit from one or more previous electric suppliers, of not less than one year, showing an excellent record of
- Commercial electric customers deposit will equal to a two-month average bill. In the event of new construction where no monthly average bill exists, the deposit will be computed from a previous bill like location. The deposit will never be less than $300.00.
- A valid current (within the previous 12 months) letter of credit from one or more previous electric suppliers, of not less than one year showing an excellent record of
- If the City of Seymour determines, by a search of the records of the City, that any customer applying for service has had previous unpaid balances for City utility service, said customer will be required to pay unpaid balances in full, plus deposits before service can be established with the City of Seymour. This applies to both commercial and
- The City of Seymour shall require, or cause to be required, positive and personal identification of any or all persons applying for electric service from the City of Seymour, Texas, prior to any connection of said
Turning Off Services
Services can only be terminated by the person listed on the account. You may do this by phone, City Hall at 940-889-3148, or in person at 301 N Washington. In the case of a death or other extenuating circustance, services may be terminated by someone other than the account hold ONLY if said person has power of attorney or is the executor of acount holder’s will and provides documentation at City Hall to prove so.